• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cast material

BROOKS

I'm getting into motocross graphics and was wondering what material sticks to plastic i was told any cast material is fine, and don't want to shell out the 1.30 per sq foot for convex stuff the company i use to get my graphics for my bikes from was using avery. if anyone could just point me in the right direction that would help tons

Thanks in advance

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Your kinda in a bad situation as many products wont stick to a porus material like plastic. You can try some cast vinyls but your kinda forced to use convex, Ritrama might have a solution. You want to ask your vendors for a LOW SURFACE ENERGY adhesive vinyl. They probably wont know what your talking about though

Malkin

I would re-think your strategy for entering that field.

That being said, if you are serious about it, then get some of several brands, including Convex and any similar competing products, and test it for yourself. Also put some test pieces in the field to see how they hold up.

I know you are asking for advice so that you don't need to do this, but you have already discounted the #1 response you are likely to get. From this I discern that you will need to learn for yourself the best way.

encadtech

I have always used a clear plastic primer w/ my dirt bike stickers - helps out adhesion alot. I have also started overlaminating w/ the 3M floor graphics laminate - if you can stand the textured look the decals wear alot better