• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CET - Light band about 1' into print

GraphicsSource

Hey guys,

We have a CET 500h uv printer and i've noticed that pretty regularly approximately 1' into a solid/full color print it will print a lighter color band a couple inches wide across the whole print...it's more noticeable in black prints. I've attached a picture so you can see what it's doing. It's a little hard to see in the photo but along the right side of the letter you can see a light band running vertically through it. Could it be a belt issue? It's just strange how it consistently does it roughly 1' into the prints.

Thanks!

-Matt

Attachments

• Resized_20160226_094224.jpg
    Resized_20160226_094224.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 103

Django

I assume the banding stops after a few inches or so and prints fine after? If so, it is suction related. Lower your suction to half or use a lead sheet.

GraphicsSource

It prints fine for a foot, prints the lighter color band, and then prints fine afterwards...what do you mean suction related? Regarding the vacuum in the bed or regarding the negative pressure in the heads?

Django

The vacuum to the bed. You should have zones on there that you can turn to half or lower than half if needed. Or you can try using a lead sheet first.

Koda

It prints fine for a foot, prints the lighter color band, and then prints fine afterwards...what do you mean suction related? Regarding the vacuum in the bed or regarding the negative pressure in the heads?

We got the CET Q5 series flat bed printer just over a year and a half ago. I can't open your photo but I can tell you that it is NOT the results of the vacuum bed. You may be looking at a software issue if it does it on EVERY print. What RIP software do you use? We have had great success with Onyx and Signlab. Have you updated the drivers recently? May look into that as well.