• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CET vs. Oce

Nameci

It is not advisable for the techs to deviate from the founded and documented SOP, or it may make all the installs not uniform.

Anyway, as a user you can always tweak the parameters a little bit to address the needs of the machine depending on the environment.

The working environment greatly affects the performance of the printer due to the fact that the inks when jetted out is exposed to the environmental conditions. Humidity, room or ambient temp, barometer pressure are the variables.

If the humidity is near low marginal, as a rule of thumb i would recommend to decrease the interval in-between mists.

robredick

CET response

Hey Bill

I am a 500Q owner in Central Texas. You are welcome to contact me and come to my shop to print some things. You are welcome to come without sales folks from CET or Advantage and you can take covers off and look around.

Almost everything in the print industry can be summed up as apples to oranges if you look closely enough. Every printer is going to have an issue and EVERY machine will "break" or develop a worn part if you use it. It isn't as much if but when and then comes the true test of how it is handled. We had an internal fuse breaker fail at 4 in the afternoon (just a random block fuse common on 1,000s of machines) and we had a replacement the next am. How many companies can you call at 4pm and have the replacement at 8am?

We have unmatchable print quality within $100,000 of what we paid for our printer. I can call and speak to a tech no matter how annoying my question and they will always walk me through. I have the owner's cell and even he will answer the phone if you call. The human factor not a Corporate Hullabaloo was CET's main selling point for me.

Rob Redick
DoubleWideDecor.com

billram570

Hi Rob,

I really appreciate the offer. I think I will take you up on it. Is there a number I might be able to reach you at to discuss a few things about your printer if you are willing? I received one of my samples back that was a little less than desireable. Marty is going to go back to the drawing board and see if they can accomplish what im trying to do. In their defense im probably pushing the printers capabilities to the max. I really like their philosophy and they remind me of me a little bit of my philosophy with my company and how I run it.

Thanks again,

Bill

billram570

Shout out to My new friend Rob Redick with Double Wide Decor. Thank you for allowing me to come to your shop and really get an up close and personal look at the CET 500Q. Impressive print quality and speed. Great job with your profiles. It was really nice to get the end user perspective without all the sales hype... Thank you for running my samples and really showing me how to push this machine..

Nameci

Hey Bill

I am a 500Q owner in Central Texas. You are welcome to contact me and come to my shop to print some things. You are welcome to come without sales folks from CET or Advantage and you can take covers off and look around.

Almost everything in the print industry can be summed up as apples to oranges if you look closely enough. Every printer is going to have an issue and EVERY machine will "break" or develop a worn part if you use it. It isn't as much if but when and then comes the true test of how it is handled. We had an internal fuse breaker fail at 4 in the afternoon (just a random block fuse common on 1,000s of machines) and we had a replacement the next am. How many companies can you call at 4pm and have the replacement at 8am?

We have unmatchable print quality within $100,000 of what we paid for our printer. I can call and speak to a tech no matter how annoying my question and they will always walk me through. I have the owner's cell and even he will answer the phone if you call. The human factor not a Corporate Hullabaloo was CET's main selling point for me.

Rob Redick
DoubleWideDecor.com

Can you still recall the tech who installed the printer?

aaronmgd

CET vs. OCE

Hi, we have a CET x-Press 500. I dont wont to sound like a disgruntled customer but I would tell you it is probably a good idea to stay away from their machines. I can only speak about what I know about the machines they build. I have the machine for a little over 1 year and we must have had techs here about 15 times no exaggeration. The machine is plagued with problems ranging from electrical to print inconsistencies and to things that the techs cannot explain. Literately every single month the machine is out for 4-6 days where printing is not possible. I would suggest staying away from cheap china builds and go with Oce from what I hear from other users is a way more reliable machine. Be ready to pay more than what CET is asking but at the end of the day... you get what you pay for. BE AWARE of the higher ups at CET who assure you that they will take care of issues if you purchase their equipment and any problems arise. Particularly Dave Cich who is one of the owners of the company. He is a sweet talker and can really be convincing... But when real issues come up he hides under his bed. My company lost huge sums of money dealing with this printer not printing for so many days out of the month that I now wish I spent my money a a costlier but more reliable printer. I also know of a company that Just recently purchased their q series machine and 2 days ago he told me that its not functioning as it should.... I would be ok if CET could pinpoint the problems in the machine and rebuild it from ground up and make sure everything is as it needs to be, but they refuse. Constantly telling me that each problem is not related to each other. Each time only sending out the part required to fix a particular issue and so on... I cannot say that the machine ran problem free for more than 3-4 weeks. I am aware that machines break and parts need replacement. But i do expect a brand new pc of equipment to function well for at least the first few months, which it did not.....

Good luck in your search and I hope you find what you are looking for.

Fang Man

New ink set opportunity

Please call me to discuss @ 817-291-0381. Thanks. Marty Fangman CET Color.

we've got a CET running 49 series ink and of the channels, white might be one of the most trustworthy. we've recently dialed down our negative pressure for all white and non-white ink prints with much improved performance.

billram570

I really wanted to give CET a chance. I traveled a few hours away and looked at it. The quality was good. The thing I heard from a few of the end users that I talked to was they had quite a few mechanical problems with their printers.. They seemed happy with how CET responded to their problems with tech visits , free ink and free printheads, so I thought there were some positives with their "Brand".. I really liked the CET guys and I think they're trying hard to correct their printer issues.

At the end of the day, we chose to go with the new Oce Arizona 660 gt. As much as I hated buying a printer from the "Suits" at Oce, they're printer has gone through quite a few generations of improvements and changes to evolve to what it is today. Also, from my experience and from what I've heard from other flatbed users these machines will have more issues than your everyday Solvent machines do. Oce has several tech guys in my city so that helps.

Ive been fortunate enough to own a company that has grown steadily for the past few years. Though it cost me more money, I chose the safer bet to go with the Oce. I, like most of you , cannot afford to have my new workhorse printer to be down for any length of time. So despite CET being able to send people to fix the problems, I felt that it seemed there were more problems than the norm with their printers and their techs had to fly in which would have compounded the downtime.

I did a lot of research on everything called a flatbed the last few months. I think we are in a time of fast growth in flatbed purchases. I think CET is trying to establish itself as well as keep up with this growth. I applaud what their trying to do. Two years from now if they continue to improve and work through their printer issues and make these current issues"Right", I'd totally give them a look when I purchase my next printer. I think for the price, their not a bad printer.

I think their story over the next couple of years will be an interesting one to follow. I hope you guys that are having issues get those resolved. Just like everybody else, we all had to start somewhere and most of us fortunate enough have had to deal with growing pains.. It seems like CET is trying to deal with theirs the right way.

ForgeInc

We just recently went through this exact decision. Oce VS CET (and Agfa Jeti as well.)

We were looking for a dedicated flatbed so we sent test files to all 3 manufacturers. Though the Oce and Agfa machines were extremely close in quality, I would give Oce just a very, very slight advantage. Also sent files to CET as well, being excited to see what the machine would do as the specs are impressive and I had previously read good things about the company on 101. Well, long story short we couldn't get a set of prints from them that were anywhere near the quality level we expect to produce with our equipment. Apparently they are growing so fast and trying to keep up with demand that they have problems finding time to get samples out. On the batch of samples we did receive, it was obvious none of them were profiled, some of them were actually printed on the wrong side of the substrate, and another one looked like it actually jammed or had a head strike because it was crooked and the print was totally jacked. Not comforting considering these were supposed to be sales tools for a potential buyer! Not only were their samples not even in the same ballpark quality-wise as Agfa or Oce, but none of them were even close to what I would call sell-able quality to any customer. I'm sure it was operator error or somethig but again, doesn't give a buyer the warm and fuzzies.

Their white inks seemed really thick, yellow-ish and pasty to me as well.

Sheesh, after reading the electrical thread on CET I am so glad we took them out of the running. It's too bad, because I liked Marty when he came to our shop and the specs and price points are very impressive. Just seems like they have some growing pains to iron out a bit.

That said, we were very impressed with Oce and even visited their manufacturing plant in Vancouver. Yesterday we inked a deal for a new 660XT, can't wait to get it on our floor.

Nicky Zhou

PrintLinks
Since Oce deliver the high quality and best color output compare to other printers. their pretty good white ink printing, plus new varnish (may not use too much) will be the best choice for your multi-jobs. except the price, oce will be the best choice.