• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Check out my new Customer info gathering form?

SignManiac

Looks fine to me. My experience has been that you'll be lucky to get most people to fill out the very least amount of information as they want to move on fast. My contact form on my site just ask for name, number, what they need and then I'll call them back. I can get all the answers I need over the phone in very short time and then I can take control of the conversation and get them to where they really need them to be fast. This allows me to ask the key questions where they soon realize I know what I'm doing.

I'm sure yours will work though.

cartoad

Looks, good, we also ask how long the sign is to be used, and if indoor or outdoor.
Great idea to put ont he web site, and at the counter to remind us to ask all the questions.

signmeup

Thanks for the input cartoad. I also plan on mentioning the form to people who I speak to in person. Sometimes people ask what I can do for them when I'm out on an install. I can give them a card and suggest they fill out the "no obligation" form.

I'm working on another form that will offer images of several sign blanks, colours, fonts and sizes to choose from so the customer can kind of "design their own" sign. I will then send them a proof based on the limited choices they have. This will be for house signs and house number signs.

royster13

Did you have to install any thing else in your NetFirms hosting to make the form work? Or did it run without any extra scripts?..

signmeup

Did you have to install any thing else in your NetFirms hosting to make the form work? Or did it run without any extra scripts?..
No it worked fine with Netfirms.....it seems to support what ever the form needed to work. I just did what Coffee Cup said to. It was pretty easy.

Jon Aston

You brought tears (of joy) to my eyes with your form(s). I also dig the website and love your work. All for the record.

After all this hard work, I hope you plan to give the same amount of time and energy (ongoing) to your inbound marketing efforts. If so, you are going to sell plenty more nice signs that make alot of people happy. Be sure to channel all of that joy back into your marketing.

G-Artist

"What do you want..." has an unwanted space in it.

(Ans: stop laughing) Sorry, couldn't help myself.

What is your projects... [sic] is mis-spelled. Use an apostrophe.

I'll assume you are some sort of Brit. Otherwise "colors" and "favorite" are mis-spelled.

As to the distance thing. Lose "people". Simply: what is the average distance the sign will be seen (or viewed - your choice) from?

Question 3 is sort of redundant as that is primarily covered by question one.

Sign Mounted? Sounds like a stud service question. Affixed is more appropriate

Single / Double sided needs a prelude. As in "is this sign to be"

"How big" should read "what size".

You should ask whether the signs are to be temporary or permanent.

signmeup

You brought tears (of joy) to my eyes with your form(s). I also dig the website and love your work. All for the record.

After all this hard work, I hope you plan to give the same amount of time and energy (ongoing) to your inbound marketing efforts. If so, you are going to sell plenty more nice signs that make alot of people happy. Be sure to channel all of that joy back into your marketing.
Thanks Jon, glad you like my work, the site and the form idea.
I'm afraid I don't know what "Inbound marketing" is. I'm hoping you'll elaborate.

signmeup

"What do you want..." has an unwanted space in it.

(Ans: stop laughing) Sorry, couldn't help myself. Huh? I don't get it?

What is your projects... [sic] is mis-spelled. Use an apostrophe. Thanks!

I'll assume you are some sort of Brit. Otherwise "colors" and "favorite" are mis-spelled. Typical Yank....can't spell properly. I'm from Canada but both my parents are British. We invented English you know.... you guys somehow managed to get it wrong. :rolleyes:

As to the distance thing. Lose "people". Simply: what is the average distance the sign will be seen (or viewed - your choice) from?

Question 3 is sort of redundant as that is primarily covered by question one.

Sign Mounted? Sounds like a stud service question. Affixed is more appropriate. "be" mounted....do pay attention.... :Sleeping:

Single / Double sided needs a prelude. As in "is this sign to be"

"How big" should read "what size".

You should ask whether the signs are to be temporary or permanent.Most HDU signs are considered to be permanent. There's that attention thing again. :biggrin:
All kidding aside, thank you very much for taking the time to look at my form and give me your suggestions. Very much appreciated.

Last edited:

signmeup

Something you might find interesting.... I didn't know what the results of the form would come back to me like. You get the results in an email (obviously) that has the question followed by the answer in the order the form is written. Very easy to follow. I thought it might come back as a numbered list of only the results. Having the question followed by the answer makes it really easy. Nice software for 40 bucks.

Jon Aston

Sorry. "Inbound marketing" is just a term that describes the process by which you bring qualified prospects to that lovely website of yours - and either convert them into leads, or subscribers, or customers... then keep them coming back for more. Think of it as an integration of search engine optimization, pay-per-click advertising, social networking, email marketing, and website optimization.

signmeup

Thanks Jon. I went to your site. Looks interesting. I'll go back tonight and have a good look around.

G-Artist

"(Ans: stop laughing) Sorry, couldn't help myself. Huh? I don't get it?"

"Stop laughing" would be what the potential customer inserts in the answer box.

Canada? You are from the Maritimes. Be proud. I used to have a little place in Argyle Sound, NS.
Even so, the spelling there is atrocious...LOL!!!

Back to the questionnaire. I did not get the impression all you did was permanent site signs
nor that every sign was composed of nothing but HDU.

ChiknNutz

Yes, in fact I intentionally make it so people have to use that form to email us (no posted email address). You win some you lose some, but there's always the phone too.

Edserv

Nice, clean site. Are you using Google Analytics to track your goals?
I'd add some credibility stuff to your homepage to make people feel more comfortable about sharing their information with you. The BBB logo (costs some $) or customer testimonials with "recognizable" logos to help. Adding your methods of payment (cc logos, Paypal - if you accept cc's and Paypal,) also will increase your conversion. Live Chat is also a HUGE credibility option.

Good luck,
Chris