• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Chinese banner welder: starter switch question

tubular

Hi,

I want to learn how to weld PVC tarp to a high quality.

You can buy these

Banner Welder Price - Buy Banner Welder,Heat Jointer Machine,Hot Wedge Welder Product on Alibaba.com
everywhere it seems for about 380$ but I got one of these second hand as is.

I've lurked through the various threads on these and have had my expectations suitably lowered. Still, help me learn a bit and I'll post my progress and results.

My first problem is that the circuitry in this BW seems to have some way to know when the lever handle is flipped in order to engage the roller motor. This thing does respond to temp and fan controls so I have been able to disengage the gear and roll it manually while welding.

I thought it was a press button on the side but that doesn't work when I manually press that button rather than rely on the sketchy mechanical arrangement the sheet metal attempts.
Does anyone have one of these and can they confirm how these BWs "start rolling" ?

Also, if anyone can refer a decent vendor of these things for spare parts, that'd be great as well.

Thanks,
T