• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chrome foil messing up

artofacks1

The Silver Medal 2 Foil is driving me nuts! It gives me a line about a pixel or two thin every 3 to 4 feet. It kills me cus it cost so much and everytime I print chrome helmet decals I end up having to print 15% more to replace the mess ups. That can be a lot when you printing 100 pairs!

Settings are 300 x 300 I tell it to print on 220 as thats the best I seen it print. If I try 600x300 or 1200x300 it pizelates the design on the egdes.

Any tips would be appreciated.

artofacks1

Which version of Omega are you using?

Omega 5, its getting extremely frustrating, I literally waste half the foil and a bunch of material because it always misses a long line 1 pixel on the entire print and I am only doing 2 feet at a time.

Its way to expensive to deal with this all the time.

Jase

We print a lot of silver medal, have you tried just selecting the original silver medal in 5? Also maybe worth just running some small test boxes with different materials selected.

Let us know if you solve the problem.

letterman7

Seems to me if it's printing a line, it's the coding or printer, not the foil. Does it do it on anything else?

artofacks1

We print a lot of silver medal, have you tried just selecting the original silver medal in 5? Also maybe worth just running some small test boxes with different materials selected.

Let us know if you solve the problem.

Could you share your omega 5 settings that work for you so I may start there?

Jase

we use a lot of static cling but we only choose the correct material and silver medal foil, the software does the rest. We run this on 5 machines using Omega 3 and 5.

No other changes.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
Have you tried setting it to print Centered on the Vinyl?

We've had issues in the past where there wasn't equal tension across the foil so we have to print extra rectangles to create that. Not sure if that could be the problem.

artofacks1

attachment.php

Happens on the first 6" every print. :(

Attachments

• DSC_0908.jpg
    DSC_0908.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 154

Jburns

Maybe your Silver medal is more susceptible to the print head settings or debris. I had the smallest hair , debris item stuck on my print head I could BARELY see it! had to use my high power flashlight, and made my foil and print look like this.
Soaked with 99% Isopropyl alcohol- and finally got it off.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Edge 2 hair print.jpg
    Edge 2 hair print.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 140
  • Edge 2 hair print ribbon.jpg
    Edge 2 hair print ribbon.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 165

artofacks1

Yesterday I printed some lacrosse wraps Silver Medal 2 and Intense Blue.

The SilverMedal 2 would show that line every 6" at the start of the print. Like clock worked every time.

The settings in Omega 5 where silver medal foil, 600 dpi printing on 220 even though I was using substance. I also tried it on convex and 220 and same results.

I changed the foil to Silver Medal2 and it worked for two prints than it came back. I cleaned the edge fx and still same problem. Extremely frustrated right now :-(

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
Looks like the heat setting is off. Like it's overheating.

Have you looked at the foil before printing? Unraveled a bit to make sure it doesn't have any problems?

artofacks1

This.

If it isn't happening with other foils then the silver medal 2 foil is the number one suspect.

I agree but the problem is no one makes a Silver Medal foil that can even compare to gerbers foil. The zeronine stuff has more of an medal not as mirror feel to it.

I am going to jump on the phone with gerber support finally today. Hope it goes well.

artofacks1

Connected the edge fx straight to the computer. I took it off from the router and it prints better. Only thing now on long prints it skips. Like if the foil is to tight or it doesn't spin smoothly.