• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJ (SC) 500... cuts perfect, except when registration used

SP

Hello... and thanks for taking the time to read this!

Got an old school Camm-Jet CJ 500 (converted to SC 500) and I'm using Flexi 8. When I print / cut, it is PERFECTLY lined up... I've got no problem using the sensor to find printed registration marks (both manually and auto) but when using marks, the cut is WAAAAY off. Like a solid inch down and to the right.

Any suggestions? I've been on HP printers and Onyx... Wasatch, etc... but this is my first experience with this (admittedly) older gear.

Thanks!

rjssigns

Maybe do a manual registration(?) S'posed to be a menu setting for multiple base points where you use the small angle shaped marks and tip of the knife to check location. I've only read about it and haven't needed to use it.
If it is still off then at least you'll know it's not the sensor eye.

SP

Thanks for the reply... did both the manual and auto registration. It hit the same spot both times. On the bright side, shows my manual registration skills are as good as the machines! ;-)

rjssigns

Well now you know it isn't the crop mark sensor. It may be your sensor strip, but that generally manifests itself as poor print quality before ruining contour cuts. Maybe try cleaning the strip with a microfiber cloth dampened with IPA. Driver board or software glitch would be the other culprits. I have no more ideas regarding a fix.

Keep us posted please. Never know, I might have the same issue down the road.

SP

I'll try the sensor strip. If I find a solution, I'll be sure to post it... and thanks!

Still perplexed as to how it can be so accurate on a straight print / cut... and so far off with a registration. It's the same distance every time as well.