• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV150-107. Doesn't turn on or Auto-Clean ???

Shawnclift

Hi Everyone

This is a weird one and is stumping quite a few pros.

My cjv150 won’t turn on with the end/power button any more. So when the printer shuts down either Manuel or after a certain time, I can’t turn the printer on by the on button on the front. I have to hard switch it off and on again by the power switch . it's also not auto cleaning either while in this state. It's like a full shut down instead of a sleep mode.

If anyone can help or guide here, I will be much appreciative, as it's kind of a fish out of water situation with no refresh cleans.

I do have a video and will attach that if I can.

Thanks
Shawn

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Sounds like the circuit that handles power control / sleep mode is broken. Unfortunately that would be the main board that is malfunctioning. The fact that it won't turn on to clean supports that idea as well. It wants to turn on to clean but the broken circuit won't allow it to.

Shawnclift

Sounds like the circuit that handles power control / sleep mode is broken. Unfortunately that would be the main board that is malfunctioning. The fact that it won't turn on to clean supports that idea as well. It wants to turn on to clean but the broken circuit won't allow it to.
That is bizarre if it is the motherboard, as once it's turned on via the side switch I can print fully normally, with no issues. I've been leaving it in head soaks, so it doesn't dry up :) . It's such a shame, the CJV150 has been a terrible machine since opening from new, I think I must have got a bad apple or something as everyone praised this machine. Thanks for your help though, I much appreciate it.

Shawnclift

Hi everyone!

I wanted to provide an update regarding a recent issue, in case anyone else encounters the same problems and issues. After some time, the machine began displaying a message instructing me to "Turn off Printer?" and then pauses the job. Fortunately, this problem had occurred before, and the root cause was identified as a faulty End/Power button on the LCD panel. Therefore, I took the button off during the weekend and replaced it.

So far, everything seems to be working fine. The machine is no longer behaving as if the button is being pressed and requesting to turn off. Moreover, it appears to have resolved the issue with the autoclean function, and I am now able to use the power button to turn the printer on and off once again.

Smoke_Jaguar

Ahh, there you go, probably had a shorted button or similar. Thanks for the follow-up, can help a lot when people are browsing in the future with similar issues.