• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cjv30 printing full black. leaves banding? or something else?. please help

ironchef

Im printing a 20 ft. Job. Almost all black. Anyone wanna help me with figuring out what produces these lines?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120814_153919.png
    ForumRunner_20120814_153919.png
    524.5 KB · Views: 210
  • ForumRunner_20120814_153931.png
    ForumRunner_20120814_153931.png
    489.7 KB · Views: 159
  • ForumRunner_20120814_153949.png
    ForumRunner_20120814_153949.png
    651.9 KB · Views: 138

Out There

Have you tried adjusting the feed compensation while it's printing or adjusted the heat setting?

I ran into this just recently, it was a heat issue for me.

ironchef

Hey guys. Thanks for the quick response. Im using an oracal profile at 720 x720 8 pass. Bidirectional. How do you adjust media comp while printing?. I do the media comp. Thing before i print. But thats all i know... as for heat im at pre. 35c mid 38c and post 41c.

ironchef

Or is it 540x720. I forgot. Its the only profile they had for that vinyl and my printer.... what did you do to fix the heater problem?

Out There

Hey guys. Thanks for the quick response. Im using an oracal profile at 720 x720 8 pass. Bidirectional. How do you adjust media comp while printing?. I do the media comp. Thing before i print. But thats all i know... as for heat im at pre. 35c mid 38c and post 41c.

While it's printing you can push the function key and adjsut feed comp on the fly.

ironchef

540x1080? Oracal didn't have other profiles. Should i just use a generic gpvc profile? And i did not k ow about the function button thing. Ill try that. In regards to the take up reel. I think its working fine. I noticed the banding before it was on the take up reel..... how is 540x1080 best for the cjv? I just want to know why or how im not debating.please elaborate. This was my first time using oracal. And its my third roll. I've tried trustock and hexis so far. So im still a noob. Oh and im using 3640. Oracal says to out gass for at least 24 hrs. And at 70 degrees f. I keep my shop at 75 at night.

121a

We use 3M180 profile for EVERYTHING. Banners, reflective (3M 5100), and intermediate (3M IJ35C). We also use 720x1440 and very rarely have issues with black banding. We tried the 540x1080 and it doesn't satisfy us. Leaves a bit of a fuzzy edge. When we print it is a very clean, crisp, print.

But as for your issue, whenever we have banding, I do the feed composition, cleaning, and really try to re-align that media. The last few times have been because the media wasn't aligned properly. Maybe the roll is slightly uneven, causing it to pull differently on one side compared to the other. Hope you get it figured out.

ironchef

Once i laminated. You couldn't notice the banding. It looked perfect. But ill keep experimenting. I print at 16 pass now if i can

bloobird0

ok but what is the color code

(in Rasterlink, go in the color edit tab, you can see in color replacement a color picker that tells you the color code)?

MikePro

unless the testprint shows missing nozzles, my money's on a CMYK black having the alignment slightly off.
(streaking looks grey, and not CMorY individually, so my guess is there's a slight shift away from K)

tried running in uni-directional? that usually fixes it for me.

ironchef

Yea it was a 20 ft panel. I did bi directional. And ill see about the colorcode in a bit. Either way the job is done. And installed. Came out good once the lam was on it.

ironchef

So. I get a call. The installer messed it all up in the end. Reprinting. So is c40 m40 y40 k100 a good combo?