• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cleaning bottom rollers on s2

bdw99

What do you guys use to clean the bottom roller? If though of using a wire brush but would that damage the grit on the rollers?

DL Signs

Never go against the family
You can get cleaning brushes from any hardware store, cheapest at Harbor Freight. They look like toothbrushes, but stiffer, come in nylon, brass and stainless bristles. They work great for grit rollers & such, if they're too gunked up for the nylon one, you just step up to the brass one. I use alcohol and these...

FrankW

You should use a self-adhesive tape, put it with the adhesive side on the roller. I would not use metal brushes, it is very expensive to replace the rollers if you damage the surface, better live with dirt.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
You should use a self-adhesive tape, put it with the adhesive side on the roller. I would not use metal brushes, it is very expensive to replace the rollers if you damage the surface, better live with dirt.
Absolutely for the rubber roller, but for the metal grit rollers (which I assume he's talking about by referring to the "lower" roller) brushes won't cause any damage.