• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clear Bra - what is it made from?

threeputt

My roadster is getting too many rock chips. I'm going to have them fixed but, at a recent car club meet-up (last weekend) I noticed a lot of guys with the clear bra.

I'm wondering what the material is and if we have something like this.

reQ

We use XPEL brand exclusively. Best available PPF on the market at the moment. 5200 Series if you want to do rocker panels (since it can take more abuse) & ultimate for the other parts.

Suntek & 3M is okay films but they are not even close to the quality of XPEL.

Kemble

I did a few cars a few years ago with VentureShield. PPF is much thicker than vinyl wrapping and therefore the installation has it's own skillset. Not hard, just behaves differently. After a few pieces though you tend to get the hang of it. There are PPF templates, partial, full, headlights only, etc that you can buy online just like vehicle outlines for wrapping cars.

letterman7

We use XPEL brand exclusively. Best available PPF on the market at the moment. 5200 Series if you want to do rocker panels (since it can take more abuse) & ultimate for the other parts.

Suntek & 3M is okay films but they are not even close to the quality of XPEL.

Any wholesalers for the XPEL? Buying off their website can get expensive quick if you want a log roll of the stuff.

Vinyldog

I just removed the clear-bra from my car. It was on it when I bought it and had done a great job of protecting it but had turned yellow. Now I want to wrap the whole vehicle, which is White, with a Pearlescent clear vinyl.