• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clear Plaque Insert Substrate

henryz

Hello, looking for some advice on what material to use for these clear insert. Looking to maybe clear printable substrate or apply clear printed vinyl to it???

Thanks

Henry Z.

Attachments

• IMG_05521.jpg
    IMG_05521.jpg
    562.4 KB · Views: 108

CanuckSigns

there are a few ways to skin this cat. you can either print on a clear acetate type film and sandwich it between the acrylic face and the backer, or you can flatbed print directly to the acrylic face plate. It's impossible to tell what method was used by the pic, but you will be able to tell when you see it in person.

henryz

I believe what was used is an acetate sheet, I'm only assuming because I did change a smaller one for them and that's what it was but I was trying to do it differently without printing directly on the acrylic. This one is 16" x 24" not sure if I can find sheets this size or should I look for a roll?

Johnny Best

You need to find an image setting service in your area and get a film positive made.
Or, get some 3M 7725 black vinyl that has the clear plastic backing instead of the paper backing and cut your copy out, weed it and cut the size strip you need to slide in.

Cynosure

Roland used to have a clear digital film...it may have been discontinued though. Dont know the name off hand...