• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color Management in Corel Draw

Jim C

OK I have a problem in my Corel draw
with the colors. When I make stuff in Corel
and then export as a.eps file then open in Photoshop.
The colors seem to be way off, no where near the color it was when in Corel, or washed out looking.
I can reopen the .eps file in Adobe Illustrator
and I have to reset the colors to be what I want them but, they are very different from what they were in Corel. But when I save from Illustrator and open the .eps in PS they look correct. Of course I know PS and Illustrator are using the same color profiles. What do I need to do to get Corel Draw to share the same color output as PS and Illustrator, or look correct in the output .eps file. I looked in color Management in Corel and it is set at Settings/Default settings Rendering/Automatic Color Engine/Kodak Digital Science CMM. I need help to fix this I didn't want to screw it up worse than it is. Here are two examples of the same logo in Illustrator and Corel to show the differences. The first one is Corel Draw the other is from Illy. Differences in the eye colors. The background is the same I placed it in PS.

Attachments

• Green Hornet Racing_CD.jpg
    Green Hornet Racing_CD.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 196
  • GREEN HORNET RACING_illy.jpg
    GREEN HORNET RACING_illy.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

CRD

Try to EXPORT to .PSD instead of save as.
BTW save as does not do .EPS this function is only in export option.

I use X4

Set as RGB color when export.
If needed preserve layers.
Then open in Photoshop.

Let me know the result.

Paco

Posterboy

I suggest experimenting with your colour management settings. I had a similar problem a few days ago, and I played around with the colour management settings until it looked right on screen.
I use Corel X3 and access colour managment via the tools>colour management, then I just used the preset profiles, I ended up using "optimised for desktop printing".
The other thing I'd try is in the export settings experiment with the postscript level.
It's more for raster than vector, but I have also found that if you convert to cmyk then export colours as "native" you get a better result, than if you export an rgb colour and convert it to cmyk as part of the export.

Techman

photoshop is set up for the offset press printed matter world by default. SWOP settings.
You may wish to set up your software to match each other.

Jim C

well how can I go about this the setting in corel and Adobe look so different.
Skeered I'm gona screw it up.:omg:

Posterboy

Techman makes a good point, making the two systems match is probably going to solve the problem.
If you're worried about screwing it up, I know Corel has a feature to let you save the current colour management settings, so you can always get back to where you started. Failing that you could just write down the current settings.
I wouldn't worry to much about breaking it though, mind you I tend to work IT problems by pressing buttons to see what happens, and have learned to love windows restore points ;), I am also blessed with a handful of IT geek friends.

Rooster

You need to ensure both applications are using the same profiles.

eps files cannot embed profiles, if it could you wouldn't have to bother making sure the two apps are using the same settings and you could just click the include input profile button and photoshop would recognize it. If export the same file as a pdf file with the profiles embedded, the problem will disappear.