• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color problems

Jim Hill

If I am using CorelDraw 12 for designing and was wondering would my color management settings have to be set to the exact same thing as the printers version of CorelDraws settings? I copy the designs to a CD and print it to them for printing.

Once the designs are printed they have a faded out look to them and I am not sure if I have my settings set right or if once I make a CD of the image and send it to the printer if their color settings are just different then mine. Should my color settings match what the printers color setting are in their CorelDraw?

I am using RGB and the default settings in color management. I am not trying to print these designs out on my printer.

The printer is using a Roland VersaCamm but the colors just look faded and not sharp. I am not trying to get an exact color match because that is not important for these designs but I would like to see the colors sharper.

Any ideas on how to fix the problem.

It seems the more I read on color management that this is a very complex problem but I was hoping I might just have some settings not right.

Jim

ChiknNutz

As a starting point, try using Output for Professional blah blah blah. I have modified mine further, but don't havde access to it right at this moment. This will get you close, but you'll likely need to change some other settings to get it better.