• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color Profiles exporting to .eps

54warrior

I do a lot of work that gets exported to .eps and then imported into Flexi.

Every time, the colors get whacked. What can I do to stop this?

Any help is appreciated!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Can you show us an example via a picture? Do you save your file in RGB mode or CMYK? Because that can make a difference. Is color correction turned on in Flexi?

rfulford

What application are you exporting from? With Adobe, including transfer functions or "CMYK Postscript in RGB files" will change the color. Also, EPS files to not maintain embedded profiles so you will wind up with the default profile in Flexi when you import.

mudmedia

What application are you exporting from? With Adobe, including transfer functions or "CMYK Postscript in RGB files" will change the color. Also, EPS files to not maintain embedded profiles so you will wind up with the default profile in Flexi when you import.

You mind sharing more info on this? So do you not want CMYK Postcript checked in CMYK files when saving eps files? I keep altering file settings to try to improve color but could be hurting myself more than helping.

Thanks

rfulford

If you have an RGB file in Illustrator and check the option to include CMYK postscript, Illustrator will include CMYK data in the file. The RIP will treat the file as CMYK and use CMYK input profiles for processing color. If the file is already CMYK, checking this box should not do anything. Also, be sure your flexi profiles and your application profiles match since eps files do not have embedded profiles.