• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colors changing between computers...?

JoeBoomer

I have a file I made in Illustrator about 4 weeks ago. Just a block of 1795.

I am making a new file with the same thing.

But now, color is different between the two files. When I convert the old one in illustrator this is what I get.

Old File ("AFA-12c-Trailer") : 8.98, 98, 92.97, 1.1

New File ("VZW_MS-1_Truck1") : 8.9, 100, 100, 1.65

Also, my Onyx "Sample Point" tool shows different CMYK values for each file.

Did my pantone books change somehow or something like that in illustrator? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Still using same CS6 version. Did install CC but haven't really touched it yet.

Attachments

• VZW_MS-1_Truck1_Sides_PRINT.pdf
    52.6 KB · Views: 102
  • AFA-12c-Trailer_InsideRED.pdf
    184.5 KB · Views: 138

Asuma01

I would check my color settings and see if the Color profile is different between the two different files. If the color settings are not the same then that could explain the color shift. You always want to be working in the same color space between documents to avoid color shifting.

If one file is using Adobe1998 and the other file is using sRGB when you export and print it you could see a color shift.

Thats just one possibility. I'm sure others will have ideas.

JoeBoomer

Colorspaces are all the same.

So, I noticed that this happens with the files I get from one of my clients. It's almost like they have there own pantone library attached? I opened a new file from the designer and even though they have the color labeled as 1795C, it converts to yet another CMYK formula.

But if I copy the art and paste it into a new document, the color comes out as I would expect.

Newest File: 0,94,100,0

Asuma01

it sounds like your pallets are getting mixed up. Maybe try disabling the pantone pallets that you dont want to use? I'm not sure. Sounds like you will have to tweak and test until you find out whats wrong.

JoeBoomer

SOLVED - Kind of...

Well, after further review....

The difference was in the swatch settings. I double clicked the swatch and noticed 3 different variations

Book Color - This is what I want the output to be

Spot Color - CMYK

The lady who sent me the file must of made her own swatches and named them the same as the pantone book.

Any feedback, tips, etc. is welcome.

Thanks Team!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-18 at 7.02.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-18 at 7.02.50 PM.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 96
  • Screen Shot 2014-02-18 at 7.11.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-18 at 7.11.38 PM.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 80