• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Colour Fluctuation On HP FB750

PrintItBig

Hi,

We've had a FB750 for coming up to 2 years now and recently we're getting issues with inconsistent colour. Essentially we can print multiple copies of the same artwork using the same blue colour and they'll all come out slightly different shades of blue.

The lamps were past their best so we switched those out but the problem persists.

The head test is perfect with no nozzles out.

An engineer thought it may be the rip, but the problem occurs even if we're printing multiple copies of the same file from the printers hard drive.

I've also just noticed that sometimes the colour is inconsistent even on the same board so the first couple of inches for instance may be a slightly different colour to the rest.

Any help would be appreciated as it's making some jobs very hard to complete.

Thanks.

Jayefkay531

Check your ink supply - there are sediments in the ink boxes that can sometimes settle in the bottom of the box causing different pigments to flow through the lines. My HP tech suggested shaking the boxes a bit every morning (not nearly as much as when you first install an ink) just to mix it up a bit. Also - check the expiration date on your inks. These are not a warranty date, as I have learned the hard way. If you hit the expiration date on your ink box, there is no guarantee you'll get consistent colors even with perfect nozzles and jet health

Ron the Sign Man

I had that problem with magenta and after much frustration found that it was bad ink. Put a new cartridge in, purged a few times, and the problem went away, other than having a full box of bad ink.