• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Common embroidery font, any thoughts on what it is?

WildWestDesigns

we use 60 degree blades with the already backed twill from twill usa and just have no real luck with it. I am thinking of trying it again though since we are doing a lot of it now.

Ok, I use a 54° blade and I'lll use Madeira's Applique Cut Magic to use as a stabilizer on previously unbacked twill (or other fabric) and it works flawlessly with that. Again that is even using it in a couple of GX-24s, so if those have the ability to cut through cleanly, then any of your other bigger cutters should as well.

I'm wondering if in your case it's a combination of the backing that's already on there and/or the degree of blade.

I use this method even when doing one applique piece for one garment just for the fact that I hate cutting in place when it comes to applique pieces.

We have had a boom in applique request in this area it seems too. Luckily around here, I'm also able to do my own applique designs, don't have to mess with stock applique designs, so it's a nice artistic outlet as well. Only bad thing is that i have to tone down how many applique elements I do in a a design. I tend to go over board. It works, but it makes for a lot of work on the cutter.