• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Composer v.1.56 screen refresh

CRoWYoTE

Hello all, I'm using Composer v.1.56 with a LCD monitor.
If I draw a box then draw another box that overlaps the first, then move the top box (using the arrow keys) the lower box appears to disapears. :frustrated:
Not unlike using an "Erase" tool. But if I hit "Redraw" everything comes back. Any ideas why this happens?
Thanks

Malkin

Eh, it's just the way it works, and it the reason the "refresh" button (F7) is there.

I upgraded from 1.56 to 3.0 this year and it's much the same.

CRoWYoTE

I have the exact same setup on a differant PC and it doesn't do it, so it's something to do with the PC. Video card maybe?

DianeP

I don't remember if this was in 1.56 or not (it's just too long ago!) but try going to the Tools menu, Options command and click on the View tab. On the right side about half way down, there may be a Wireframe Mode drop down where you can pick either Finish or Redraw. If you have that drop down available, try picking Finish and see if that makes a difference. If it does, then don't forget to save it as a preference so you won't have to set it every time you run Composer.

Diane D. Payne
Senior Software Engineer
Gerber Scientific Products: A Gerber Scientific Company
24 Industrial Park Road West
Tolland, CT 06084 USA
diane.payne@gerberscientific.com

Last edited: