• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Consistently Crushed Cores/Media with Orajet Media

garisimo

Hi there, has anyone else been having issues with Oracal/Orajet cores and some of the media being crushed:

Oracal3651CrushedCore.jpg

The boxes/plastic stand-offs are undamaged, so I don't think it's a distributor/shipping issue.

-g-

T

Tropics09

We get the same exact media but I haven't noticed yet. Just got 2 more rolls in yesterday. Will update w/ what I see. Sure would hate to switch from Orajet if this is a trend. We have been using their media since our first printer...

ORAFOL Americas

Merchant Member
Hi there, has anyone else been having issues with Oracal/Orajet cores and some of the media being crushed:

View attachment 97909

The boxes/plastic stand-offs are undamaged, so I don't think it's a distributor/shipping issue.

-g-
Garisimo, please do not hesitate to contact our technical support team anytime you need information about our products or need help addressing issues. Please find their contact information below:

Dean Strohmenger
1-912-851-5023

or

Tim Wright
1-912-851-5007

graphicwarning

I get them a lot. The boxes, plastics ends, plastic covering etc are all in perfect condition... but the cores are always like this. I don't have high volume, but I'd say a solid 50% of the various Oracal Digital Medias I have purchased over the last few months has been like this when I received it.

player

Garisimo, please do not hesitate to contact our technical support team anytime you need information about our products or need help addressing issues. Please find their contact information below:

Dean Strohmenger
1-912-851-5023

or

Tim Wright
1-912-851-5007

Why not address the problem here? What is going on that causes these problems?

Shadowglen

I have a problem with UPS dropping the boxes on the ends. My rolls and cores are usually pretty good but lots of broken black plastic from the ends floating around the boxes UPS is not kind to heavy rolls of media.

ORAFOL Americas

Merchant Member
Why not address the problem here? What is going on that causes these problems?

There is no problem that I am aware of which is why I am recommending that if anyone has a question or issue that they alert the Technical Support team immediately. They are the go to personnel here at ORAFOL Americas if you have questions about the appropriate product to use for an application as well as if there is a potential issue to resolve.

I have made them aware of this thread and with your additional information such as lot numbers, pictures etc...they will be able to drill down to the machines used to produce/convert these materials.

Thank you all for posting here and bringing this to our attention.

garisimo

We use Feller's, too -- sometimes we get double-boxes, other times, not -- like I mentioned, though, I doubt it's ashipping/distributor issue, as the boxes pass visual inspection and the plastic standoffs are fine (but difficult to remove) -- I know in the other thread re: reflective materials someone had mentioned crushed core issues and I wanted to get a read on others who might be experiencing this, to see if it is systemic -- it's why forums like this are invaluable; generally there's no censorship and problems can get resolved faster, Cheers!