• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour around text in CorelDraw 2019

ynkfan1

I am trying to make a separate contour around each letter to make a 2nd color. The letters are S H F D in white, the contour would be in red with a separation for the show through for the shirt. I just can't seem to get it for each letter. I hope I'm making sense. I was using impact font. Thanks.

damonCA21

I am trying to make a separate contour around each letter to make a 2nd color. The letters are S H F D in white, the contour would be in red with a separation for the show through for the shirt. I just can't seem to get it for each letter. I hope I'm making sense. I was using impact font. Thanks.
Do you mean so it would look like this if used on a black shirt for example?

Graphic1.jpg

Black Star

Not A New Member
Corel Draw sometimes has issues with making contour lines. I've never figured out the exact cause. To get around it, I've made the object a bitmap and then auto trace. Stupid Corel Draw....

damonCA21

Yes. That's what I had in mind. However, they need a little thinner contour line and if possible, between the H and the S gaps like you did with the F. I do appreciate your help.
OK what you need to do is to add two contours, then ungroup them. You can then select the two contours and combine them into one object. This will leave you with the text, a gap, and then the contour as a separate object.
Also before doing a contour, convert the text to curves as this will give a better result

unclebun

Corel Draw hasn't had any trouble making contours and I've used it since about version 7. What can happen is poorly formed objects that have badly made corners or overlapping vectors, etc. can give weird results.

Any way, to make what you are wanting, you make an outside contour the width of your desired gap, break it apart from the original object, then make another contour from the first contour the width of your desired outline. Then break that apart and combine the two parts. Done.

ynkfan1

Corel Draw hasn't had any trouble making contours and I've used it since about version 7. What can happen is poorly formed objects that have badly made corners or overlapping vectors, etc. can give weird results.

Any way, to make what you are wanting, you make an outside contour the width of your desired gap, break it apart from the original object, then make another contour from the first contour the width of your desired outline. Then break that apart and combine the two parts. Done.
Thank you. I'll try it.

ynkfan1

Thanks. I will try it. Thanks.

Black Star

Not A New Member

I've been using Corel Draw since version 3 from 1992. Corel Draw definitely has issues with contour curves at times. For example, sometimes when contouring letters, it will contour everything but leave out the middle of an "O" letter. I've seen it happen many times.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I've been using Corel Draw since version 3 from 1992. Corel Draw definitely has issues with contour curves at times. For example, sometimes when contouring letters, it will contour everything but leave out the middle of an "O" letter. I've seen it happen many times.
I've never had that happen unless you make a boundary.