• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour Cutting Magnet with Roland

I heard this is possible if the magnet is cut into small strips, has anyone does this? If so, what was the force set to?
:signs101:

mark in tx

Your XC540 should be able to handle it.
Use a 60 degree blade, and just use enough pressure to score the vinyl of the magnetic sheet. Don't try and cut through. Also, slow the cut speed way down.
You are going to have to experiment a bit on how much pressure to use, you could start at about 50 and work your way up from there.

Good Luck!

GTSTech_1

You might also have to change your feed setting. I know the "Mag" color profile has a different feed setting. Ditto the 1st message regarding scoring, 60 deg blade, and slow speed.

My. 02

jfiscus

Rap Master
What about an SP540?
I assume the "small strips" refers to cutting a section off the roll to alleviate the weight of the magnetic material. makes sense. Seems like it could lead to a lot of waste with the leading/tail edge on the sections of material.

mark in tx

I found out the hard way on my SP-540 with motor errors. The machine is not quite as beefy as my XC-540.
Good thing I didn't cause permanent damage.

royster13

I have been at 2 trade supplier of die cut car magnets and they print, cut and then magnetize the finished product....So when they cut the material, it does not have magnetic charge....

jfiscus

Rap Master
we have printed directly onto the magnetic material before, then hand cut (but most mangets we do are rectangular), using plenty of slack on the roll so the drive motor doesn't get overworked, but most of the time I print it on regular vinyl then adhere it to the magnetic material.