• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour Cutting on Sp / VP and Roland Cutters

Morph1

Print all
Just a quick question, I have noticed when I cut vinyl or contour cut sometimes my path do not completely meet from the point of start to finish when cutting a shape,
is there an adjustment I can assign to overcut by a fraction ?

thanks !

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Generally when the cut doesn't finish in the correct place, it's an Offset setting issue. Depending on the angle of the blade you are using, there is a specific Offset setting for the blade. The offset is the difference between the center of the shaft of the blade and the actual tip of the blade. If this setting is not set properly, it will cause the issue you are having. Check the packaging the blade cam in and it should say what the offset is. Usually for a 45 degree blade it's around .25 to .3. Make sure your offset is set to that number and see how it does.

Morph1

Print all
Generally when the cut doesn't finish in the correct place, it's an Offset setting issue. Depending on the angle of the blade you are using, there is a specific Offset setting for the blade. The offset is the difference between the center of the shaft of the blade and the actual tip of the blade. If this setting is not set properly, it will cause the issue you are having. Check the packaging the blade cam in and it should say what the offset is. Usually for a 45 degree blade it's around .25 to .3. Make sure your offset is set to that number and see how it does.

thank you , I appreciate your reply.
Will test it this evening.

splizaat

45 degree blade offset is 0.25

If that isn't working, you can try to play with settings, but chances are that you nicked the blade on something and took the tip off if it's not.

Ragnabrok

EPS margin is another possibilty. if you are exporting selection only, the bounding box can overlap the contour cut, cancelling it out. EPS margin is in the queue settings, under file format. just change it to 0.1 inch, and add the job again