• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel Color Question

bbeens

Joe-

I would look at your default RGB working space. If you are using a very large gamut profile like 'ProPhotoRGB' you could be designing in colors that will not be in gamut for the next person to view your file. At that point the rendering intent can do some pretty crazy things if set to Relative Colormetric. Standardizing on one common working space should resolve the issue you are seeing - of course you would need to turn your color management on in Corel.

Another recommendation would be to always embed profiles intended for people outside your shop. They may have their setting configured to ignore it, but I think the vast majority of professional shops would respect embedded profile (Wishful thinking on my part I fear).

Color management is an interesting topic to learn about. Often times not the voodoo 'experts' make it out to be.

Bryan

Ponto

...color management...you can get so deep it'll make your head spin... suggest simply exporting as a .tiff (especially when using gradients and funky effects...)!

JP

Jackpine

If the file is going to be printed exporting as a tiff or jpg is ok. I make a gradient in a rectangle, convert it to a RGB bitmap and powerclip it into the vector area. It always prints smooth. Even when I export as an eps with bitmaps and vectors in the file. I export bitmaps as RGB in the Corel export menu.
... suggest simply exporting as a .tiff (especially when using gradients and funky effects...)!

JP[/quote]

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
CMYK vs. RGB

You cannot print RGB vivid colors. That's why Corel runs the CMYK simulation filter(view). Your prints will never match an RGB file if you are looking at it in RGB. NEVER let a customer see files in RGB view or you will have to spend 10 minutes explaining to them you can't print those colors..they are only for Websites.

Joe Diaz

You cannot print RGB vivid colors. That's why Corel runs the CMYK simulation filter(view). Your prints will never match an RGB file if you are looking at it in RGB. NEVER let a customer see files in RGB view or you will have to spend 10 minutes explaining to them you can't print those colors..they are only for Websites.
Sure you can! We print in RGB all the time, in fact we prefer it because we can get those vivid RGB colors.

GB2

Old Member
Try exporting Corel's Royal Blue into Illustrator and you get purple. Besides the colors not exporting correctly from Corel, whenever I do anything or get anything from Corel it also breaks everything into sections. I always get letters in 3 or 4 pieces, cut lines going right across the whole file and other odd things. Good thing it's usually for print and I dont have to worry about stray cut lines. Obviously I don't know what I'm doing in Corel but most times I recreate the entire design if I can when this happens.

Joe Diaz

Try exporting Corel's Royal Blue into Illustrator and you get purple. Besides the colors not exporting correctly from Corel, whenever I do anything or get anything from Corel it also breaks everything into sections. I always get letters in 3 or 4 pieces, cut lines going right across the whole file and other odd things. Good thing it's usually for print and I dont have to worry about stray cut lines. Obviously I don't know what I'm doing in Corel but most times I recreate the entire design if I can when this happens.

How do you know illustrators not the problem?

B Snyder

:banghead:

B Snyder

And there you have it.

GB2

Old Member
How do you know illustrators not the problem?

Corel does these things on a consistent basis and no other program does such a thing. I can export to Illustrator, Gerber or anything else and it's the same result so it's coming from the Corel end.

GB2

Old Member
And there you have it.

I would tend to agree that the problem is more my ignorance than any inherent fault with the program. Though I have multiple versions of the Corel Suite up to X3, I am not a user but just maintain it if I need to work with files that have been submitted to me. Originally I thought it would be a good supplemental design program to use semi-regularly but I've never been able to find a comfort level with it. I've seen great work produced in Corel...I just can't do it!

Techman

I always get letters in 3 or 4 pieces, cut lines going right across the whole file and other odd things.

How do you make it do that? Are you sure it's a corel problem? I have never observed this in Corel. However, I do know that some of those FREE fonts from online will do this...