• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel Fill

captainron19

in Corel Draw..... I have a circular image. File format in Corel Paint and also PNG so there is no square box around it background is transparent. I need to fill an object in corel draw with this circular pattern but I want the circles of the fill to overlap and completely fill the area in. Each time I tried to do it with the "Fill with Texture" and I load the image, it fills it but tiles the circles next to eachother so there is white showing. Any idea on what I can do?

captainron19

Yeah I guess that was pretty vague. Here is a screen shot that my describe it better on what I am looking to do. I did try a multiple copy and paste of the swirl image and placed them all around the border of the image I am looking to fill then power clipped it in but it made the file size HUGE and if one circle was off it was a pain to edit

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 185

neato

Is this for print or just for presentation? If it's just presentation, just reduce the resolution of the bitmap.

The other option is to just create a circle and imitate the fill with a gradient, then copy and place how you want it.

I wouldn't do either though. I would just find an engine turned gold bitmap texture and use that instead of individual circles.

I use Corel everyday, all day, but I don't know all the neat little tricks and secrets it holds. Maybe someone else will have a better option for you.

captainron19

Yes it is for print on vinyl...... Here is an idea of the effect I was able to re-produce by using the power clip function but like I said it made the file huge in size

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 149

captainron19

Yes that was much better....... got a good effect with that idea and the file size is now only 20MB when before with the power clip was almost 200mb

THANKS !

Attachments

• final.jpg
    final.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 125