• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel X6 .tif export bug

SignManiac

Tried googling it and checked Corel.com but no definitive answers. Have had issues with exporting files from within Corel to other formats, i.e. .tif, .cmx, .jpg are the ones I use most. File saves with a .cdr extension and won't view those files. If I rename the file with the correct intended file format, all is fine. Anyone else encounter this bug and have a suggestions on how to fix it?

TIA...

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Tried googling it and checked Corel.com but no definitive answers. Have had issues with exporting files from within Corel to other formats, i.e. .tif, .cmx, .jpg are the ones I use most. File saves with a .cdr extension and won't view those files. If I rename the file with the correct intended file format, all is fine. Anyone else encounter this bug and have a suggestions on how to fix it?

TIA...

This has been around since X3. I thought that perhaps they would fix it in X6 but alas not. I talked to Corel after the X6 release about this very problem and all I got was a big shrug.

There is no way that anyone seems to know to fix this but you can avoid the problem by always removing the extension specification from the export file name, even when re-saving a file. If you specify an extension Corel will most likely ignore it and do a '.cdr' file instead. If no extension is specified then Corel will supply the proper extension and export correctly.

studebaker

Deluded Artist
I agree this is a real problem, especially in X6... I've been doing what Bob suggested, but I can't figure a work around for it. Bummer.