• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Coreldraw publish to PDF -selection only - without page -

Esmae

I am sure i used to be able to export a pdf from corel (X3) that was "just the size of the selected graphic" not the page size. Like when you export an eps. Can anybody help me out? Please!

Last edited:

Esmae

Let me rephrase,

Imagine you have a 100mm square in corel on say an A4 page, when you export an eps, it exports just the 100mm square, but if you export a pdf it exports the 100mm square and the A4 page, is there a way to get the pdf to export the same way i can export an eps. Just the selected graphic!

SALVATORE

For a PDF file in Corel. Select the Graphic that you would like to make PDF. Go to file slect Publish to PDF , a box aper wher you,ll see settings clik and the publish Setting shows , from ther you can expor the range and select (SELECTION) From there you can save or if you would like to change Color Managent you can do too before you save.
I hope this helps.

Esmae

No, when i choose selection it still exports the entire page with it. I JUST want the graphic exported. Just the size of the graphic, no A4 page etc. Can you do me a favour Salvatore and create a new cdr file and publish a pdf like i explained then let me know if you just end up with the 100mm square or if you get an A4 page with a 100mm square in it.
Maybe it's just my X3 corel. I may have to upgrade again.

The reason i want to do this is I have always used .eps files, I originally used color rip for the roland and eps was the easiest format. Now i have a Mimaki and rasterlink doesn't nest parts like the roland rips do, so i have to nest in Coreldraw before i export which can make some files quite large and rasterlink seems a bit glitchy with the larger files. So i want to use pdf's as they are less cumbersome and have more exporting options.

ridefst

I dunno, I don't remember ever doing this with X3...

I do remember working outside of the page dimensions and nothing showed up in the PDF; as well as saving selections and they end up full page size.

It may work differently if you print to PDF using CutePDF or similar instead of using the built-in conversion, haven't tried that myself.

Mosh

That is how a pdf is, it is a document file type not a graphic file. Just change your page size to just a bit bigger than the graphic/text.

Esmae

No worries, for some reason i was positive i was able to export without the page, apparently not. Thanks for all the responses.

cdiesel

If you're experiencing large file sizes in .eps files, try unchecking the "include tif header" box at the top of the dialog box. This will reduce the .eps file size dramatically.

jason91

If you're experiencing large file sizes in .eps files, try unchecking the "include tif header" box at the top of the dialog box. This will reduce the .eps file size dramatically.

But doesn't that effect the output detail of the graphic????