• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CorelDraw X5 PDF manual

rflyer

I just bought CorelDraw X5 Graphics Suite about a week ago and installed it.
I have been told I should have a PDF manual on my computer in the my documents/corel/...... folder. I do not have this PDF manual. Does anyone else have this manual that you could send it to me?

Thanks

Charlie

rflyer

Thanks
F1 works if you know the terminology. for instance I do an outline of some text and when I send it to my cutter it wants to fill in the lettering when all I want is just the outline of the text.

Any ideas What do I call that so I can look it up?

Frustrated!

Roto

Thanks
F1 works if you know the terminology. for instance I do an outline of some text and when I send it to my cutter it wants to fill in the lettering when all I want is just the outline of the text.

Any ideas What do I call that so I can look it up?

Frustrated!

You need to buy this book. It is the best structured traing course out there.
http://www.unleash.com/

See attached on how to get over your current problem.

Good Luck.
Roto

Attachments

• Cut.pdf
    71.2 KB · Views: 136

rflyer

Roto
Thank you for the quick fix. Makes it fun again. I did order the book. Being new to this it is just frustrating sometimes when you don't know how to do it but you know what you want. It will get there.

Thanks again.

Charlie

Roto

Roto
Thank you for the quick fix. Makes it fun again. I did order the book. Being new to this it is just frustrating sometimes when you don't know how to do it but you know what you want. It will get there.

Thanks again.

Charlie

You're welcome. We were all newbies once ;)

Roto

Last edited:

signage

rflyer have you done any searches on this forum for Corel tutorials? I think yo would find some great resources if you did!

Cyw

An outline will only cut a single line
If you need an outline with a width, you need to use Corel's Contour tool

Make a circle with a thick outline and make a circle with a contour outline.....then look in Wireframe view to see what I'm talking about

No matter how large, or how fat you make the outline, it will still only be a single cut line
On the other hand, the width of your contour will dictate how thick your cut 'outline' is
Checking wireframe view, (it's what your cutter sees) is always a good habit to get into, especially if you're just starting

Diane