• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Critique request - an article on contour cut file setup for end users

Quark

Merchant Member
Hi guys, we worked real hard to produce an article intended to help novice end users (customers and graphic designers) prepare their files for contour cutting (small labels and decals). The article is not geared towards professionals or people who has sign/design experience or really know what they're doing, just to help an average customer with some Photoshop skills to provide us with a minimal file we can work with.

https://www.printastic.com/stickers/faq/file-setup-for-die-cut-stickers.html

This is not a link advertising or an invitation to discuss or critique the website or a business model - we're really interested in a feedback on this particular article we can use to improve it. I feel it came out a little too broad and a bit too marketing and could be a bit more "how to" and helpful.

thanks guys.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I think it looks good and informative. One caveat, if you are targeting novices and home users... You are making alot of assumptions that they will know how to do processes that they may not know.

As a suggestion you may want to write guides on how to say clip flat images out in to the contours, etc or better yet link to other available guides on how to do those.

We are building an online designer tool for our clients and that is one of the complaints from our testers is they don't know how to do certain things. So take my advice for whatever it is worth to you.