• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Critique welcomed. Franky design.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Found some time for my own work yesterday. Pulled out the wacom and got to work on a design I could reproduce a million different ways. I'm about 2 hours in right now on the art.

Would love a critique on it.

Keep in mind, I'm sticking to four spot colors.

Attachments

• frankie_is_happy_to_see_you_by_atomicaxe-d7xs5om.jpg
    frankie_is_happy_to_see_you_by_atomicaxe-d7xs5om.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 135

Marlene

I don't like the green outline around him. I do like the large halftones giving it a comic book drawing look but think you need to have it in another place in the image and not only in the jacket. seems like way too much expression in his face if you are going for Frankenstein's monster as he always looked kind of bored

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
He looks as if he's constipated and having a bit of a time squeezing one out.

JBusch260

Very nice work. The detail is busy, but it works for the intensity. I agree on the green outline. Lose that and see what it looks like.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
hmm, I see what you guys mean about the green outline. It still needs an outline of some form to define the edges of his monsterous self. ... but a thinner white line seems to do great. I've got to play with the other elements ... I will post an update little later today.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Re-worked the art a little. I think it's at a happy place I like. Definitely needed the halftone somewhere else, and with the thinner border, it changes it. Might try to do some halftoning in the darker green later on to provide some subtlety to the design ... but if you guys have any critiques on it moving forward let me know! Loving the suggestions.

Attachments

• frankie-card.jpg
    frankie-card.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 105