• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Curved Metal sign

David Wright

I submitted estimate to client for 18" by 12' aluminum sign for exterior of building.
They asked for a curved sign with attached letters.

Never did this, is this something to be fabricated by a sheet metal shop or a way to do in house?

SignosaurusRex

Have a reputable sheet metal shop roll your material before you coat or cover it. A good sheet metal mechanic can roll to tight spec's. If your material is already coated or covered with finish, cover it with masking before taking it in for rolling.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Depends how they want it and where they're mounting it.

If if I was doing my in my shop. We would do all of it in house. Aluminium bends easy anyway.
We would also supply with frame work ect. It just depends on what the Want at the end of the day.

I don't expect many print shops to have an I house fab shop like we so.

hcardwell93

We did a long curved sign and had a local race car frame maker build the frame out of aluminum. Then we attached brushed aluminum dibond to the front and black pvc top and bottom to cover the frame.

rossmosh

You're going to need to make friends with the local welding/metal fab shop.

Aluminum square tube. They'll put their 12' lengths in a roller/bender to achieve the desired radius. Then they'll cut and weld in square tube uprights. Then you're left to either skin it yourself or have them skin it. That should give you a blank slate to work with. Also remember, you need to think about how you're going to mount this thing BEFORE you have it fabricated. It's easy for them to weld on some legs and a mounting plate when they start the fabrication process. Adding mounting points after can be more difficult.

Also some people might build this in sections. You can simply bolt them together on site. It all depends on what you want to do.

David Wright

Thanks all. Roshmosh, I have a sheet metal fabricator around corner I occasionally use. Will see him Monday.

Btw, they sent me this as an example.

Attachments

• IMG_2891.jpg
    IMG_2891.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 52