• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Custom Flag? 3x5

splizaat

Hey guys....I am in need of just ONE (maybe two) 3'x5' custom flag for my shop. Do any of you guys here do this? This is a project for me personally and I thought of a cool idea that I'd like to play with :)

Shoot me a PM if you do please!

Matt

Dye sublimation is probably the ink chemistry of choice for flag applications. There is a MM here that does dye sub, and there are several large wholesale operations that offer this as well, including Tex Visions, WS Display and more.

splizaat

I really don't want to go through some big commercial supplier, as it's just a personal project. Was just curious if any of you guys do it

nate

We'd be glad to. We can sublimate to 126" seamless. Give Harley, Matt, Shaila, Ricky or Bryan a call at 801-483-9465

Thanks
Nate
Visible Marketing
www.vmutah.com

splizaat

Anyone else?? I need something to use more like a throwaway so I was hoping not to be into them for more than $25-35 each....Might just have to print it on banner material, but it's just too heavy, was hoping more for a fabric

Fabric is a very different animal than PCV banner. Often times it costs more, has higher waste due to webbing, and has very different finishing requirements such as sewing. All of this adds up to fabric being more costly to produce, particularly in small quantities. Asking someone to fabricate a custom flag or two for $1.50 or $2 per square foot is not realistic, given the amount of work involved with fabric.

On the other hand, it has a unique look and feel that PVC banner cannot compete with, is much lighter, drapes and flows more naturally, and has higher perceived and market values. For those looking to get into the world of digitally printed fabric you need to have real examples in your showroom that customers can see and feel.

splizaat

This is more for us to hold up in the crowd at a show....like a flag. But it looks like the idea may get shot down Lol

WildWestDesigns

Yea and also with this being in the sublimation forum, you are talking about synthetic fabric as well. That also adds to the cost.

I think even pre-made flag blanks go for that much without anything on it, to do it from scratch would be quite a bit more.

TDFcustomSL

It seems like I have seen somewhere a fabric material designed for solvent printers, did a quick google search and came to the herculite website and it looks like they have several printable fabric options, you might call them and see if it would work, then you could just print them yourself and even sell some to pay for the material...