• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customer starting to grate on my nerves

TimToad

They never said a word about having that atrocity up. Every time I've talked with any of them, its been about how the space is being built out and they wanted to pre-advertise. I guess their ida of pre-advertising is like a day before you open. LOL

They have been running me around chasing the bouncing ball on this logo for weeks now, when they have a grand opening planned for a week from now and never said a freaking word about it.

I just talked with the owner and she has decided on Option 3. I meet with her tomorrow on site to go over the signage needs.

Craig Sjoquist

Bravo #3 wins good to hear

#3 I like the font for place like this it does fit the image at least, good going hope to see the finish advertising.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If it's any consolation, we know how you feel...
That's for sure. If you think this one is bad, wait til ya get into doing signs for churches, private organizations and auxiliaries. Sheesh, then you'll have something to b!tch about. That's where I got my practice of dealing with committees.

We had one a few weeks ago, where it went round and round and no one would make a decision. I asked them why they were including me in all of these e-mails ?? They said to keep me in the loop. Ya know, reading that crap, made me dizzy and realize once again, for the umpteenth time how really stoopid people are. They were more worried about negative space, than I was for a change. I told them early on, here's the logo, play with it til your heart's content. It took about 3 weeks until the finally decided. We want it to be 15" x 38". Sorry, but if I make it that size, it's gonna be clumsy to build. Can we make it 37" ?? That took another week until they all gave it their blessings. So, it took over a month to decide on the specs, but they wanted me to drop everything and build this cabinet that week. Yeah well, the money is good, but they didn't pay me for the sizing of it. They played around like little kids at a show & tell show. Funny part is, this is replacing one we did about 6 months ago, in which they gave me the specs without involving me and then redid it..... and essentailly, that's what they did this time. With any luck, I might get another one to do in 6 more months. LOL

reQ

wait til ya get into doing signs for churches

Just finished one order for a church 2 days ago. When they were getting quotes, this quick conversation happened:

Church: Oh we thought if we are from church we get discounts?
Me: This deal is already good (gave them regular price) I can't make it any cheaper. No one gives me discounts when i buy materials, pay rent etc. And unfortunately because of that, i can't go any lower.
Church: Oh, that makes sense

2 days later they called back and confirmed their order.