• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CUT MASTER 4 AND UPDATING:

depps74

I run Cutmaster 4 off a MAC for my Graphtec. Lately my Mac has been buggy. So I would like to update, sometimes when I do this though cut master has not been updated to allow for this shutting us down. So I am a bit reluctant to update. I cant tell from the website if this is something that is ok to do, the last update they made was November 2023! Anyone have experience with regular updates on a MAC recently or just regularly? Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Dave

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
I've been running cut master 5 v 1.0.272 FWIW. It's quirky like the other CM versions but is running fine on my mac. One thing I do absolutely HATE is that for some stupid reason the default "command Q" to quit the program doesn't work like on every other piece of mac software ever made, and I have to click the red x to quit the program. WTF, over? That's just stupid on their part.

ikarasu

I run Cutmaster 4 off a MAC for my Graphtec. Lately my Mac has been buggy. So I would like to update, sometimes when I do this though cut master has not been updated to allow for this shutting us down. So I am a bit reluctant to update. I cant tell from the website if this is something that is ok to do, the last update they made was November 2023! Anyone have experience with regular updates on a MAC recently or just regularly? Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Dave
Cutting master 4 is no longer supported / maintained software - sai no longer produced it, and graphtec is producing cm5... Which is why cm5 is so different than cm4.

Cm4 should work assuming it works with the version of illustrator you're using .. we use cm4 at work with the latest version fine.

epsonianguy

Cutting master 4 is no longer supported / maintained software - sai no longer produced it, and graphtec is producing cm5... Which is why cm5 is so different than cm4.

Cm4 should work assuming it works with the version of illustrator you're using .. we use cm4 at work with the latest version fine.
how do I add the plugin? I have a vinyl express q series which is by graphtec but I cant find anything that can add registratino marks for that plotter

dypinc

I have a Vinyl Express Q160 and I can get CM4 to work with it. USB from Mac IL 2024. The work around for reading targets is that "Start scanning registration marks without the confirmation message" needs to be unchecked. Then do not move cutter to registration mark until this confirmation massage comes up. Otherwise cutter will return to original position. Use Rear 2 when loading media deep into a roll or it return to original position.