• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CutContour appears centered in Ai but not in Rolland VW

Zazzess

Hey I'm doing stars and my red dashed blinking cutcoutour stroke does not appear centered on them...

What is happening ?

Thanks for your help :)

:peace!:

Zazzess

pic

There's a black stroke surronding the star normally but the cutcontour
seem to cut through the yellow sometimes. I had to enlarge the black stroke to make sure there is no white in the star...

what to do :help

Attachments

• starsCC.jpg
    starsCC.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 70

Zazzess

Is the cut actually off? (when you cut it)

Don't trust what the preview in VW looks like, the resolution is a joke.

You're right the resolution really is a joke :Big Laugh
But I have problems with the cut contour staying on its path....
and now this... it really went of on the fort try so I though...
I though I could trust the preview............

Zazzess

okay we really have to zoom a lot to see the problem... I will do another try on the printer and come back... I don't like when the cutcontour does not work where I want it to !!

did you get the problem sorted? sometimes when you zoom in on the cut line in versa works it appears not to be correct, or alittle off, but when you go to print its ok. the picture of the "job" in the viewing window in versa works always looks really bad/pixalated!

Zazzess

HEy

did you get the problem sorted? sometimes when you zoom in on the cut line in versa works it appears not to be correct, or alittle off, but when you go to print its ok. the picture of the "job" in the viewing window in versa works always looks really bad/pixalated!

Finally... I had it done and... well that was ok....
Some were perfect and a few were off but ...
I put a bigger stroke so there were no white in the stars.
The yellow seem a little uncentered on some of them...
Well how to have that perfect !?!
Is that possible ?
I think so...

:help

Zazzess

strange if the yellow on only some of them is off. did you create the star design and then copy and paste and then resize it?

Hi !
Yes I did !?! But I put the cutcontour after...
And the Yellow is uncentered because the cut moved...
Think the paper moved...

What do you think ?
And what would be the matter with creating the star design and then copy and paste and then resize it?

I'm happy you are there :peace!:

OldPaint

if you take out all colors....and work in WIREFRAME..... then you can see ALL THE LINES...and delete the ones you dont want it to cut, THEN ADD THE COLOR ))))

if the design is the same apart from just the sizes and the cut contour looks good in illistrator, then it should be the same in versa works.
if the cuts are getting off when it cuts on the printer than yes, maybe the material is moving. are you using media clamps? are you using the pinch rollers?

Zazzess

Good one

if you take out all colors....and work in WIREFRAME..... then you can see ALL THE LINES...and delete the ones you dont want it to cut, THEN ADD THE COLOR ))))

I'm not use to work in wireframe ! That's a good one !
Thanks for helping :D

:peace!::goodpost::rock-n-roll:

Zazzess

if the design is the same apart from just the sizes and the cut contour looks good in illistrator, then it should be the same in versa works.
if the cuts are getting off when it cuts on the printer than yes, maybe the material is moving. are you using media clamps? are you using the pinch rollers?

Yes I do use both and the vinyl roll is tighten...

:peace!:

hmm, well, maybe check the bleed in the file, make sure you have enough bleed. if the cut is actually off, as in, it is cutting over to one side more then thats different. if its cutting and you are getting the white material, then thats going to be your bleed.