• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutline

tonywhittier

I have a EPS that I need to outline to make a cutline. The EPS has 3 curves in it, how would I outline the whole image to make a cutline? (i know sounds confusing lol)

Ken

A simple way is to draw the outline using bezier lines then tweak the nodes.
Or try the "combine" function then add a countour.
Ken

tonywhittier

A simple way is to draw the outline using bezier lines then tweak the nodes.
Or try the "combine" function then add a countour.
Ken

I did notice when I use the "combine feature" it still had all the nodes inside the outline, how would i get rid of those? So it just cuts the outline of the logo?

tonywhittier

I did notice when I use the "combine feature" it still had all the nodes inside the outline, how would i get rid of those? So it just cuts the outline of the logo?

nevermind i figured it out...its amazing what google and just clicking around can do! Thanks again!

RobbyMac

fyi, up to corel x3 I've noticed that adding a contour creates outlines with less nodes when compared to converting a stroke to curves.

When and if you mess with this, you will likely end up with a combined shape that solid fills when it shouldn't. When you encounter this, using the 'reverse curve' on some of the problematic paths (after breaking them apart) will cure the problem.

tonywhittier

fyi, up to corel x3 I've noticed that adding a contour creates outlines with less nodes when compared to converting a stroke to curves.

When and if you mess with this, you will likely end up with a combined shape that solid fills when it shouldn't. When you encounter this, using the 'reverse curve' on some of the problematic paths (after breaking them apart) will cure the problem.

haha woah thats over my head right now...

tonywhittier

Im lost again! haha

ok so when i open the eps it has 3 curves and like a million cutlines inside and outside the image...how would i get rid of the cutlines inside the image and just keep the outline cutline?

Jillbeans

I doubt if my advice will be correct but what I do is copy and past the whole damn thing then weld it. You can even add a slight contour, break apart, then delete the welded bit.
Love....Jill

tonywhittier

I doubt if my advice will be correct but what I do is copy and past the whole damn thing then weld it. You can even add a slight contour, break apart, then delete the welded bit.
Love....Jill

so you highlight each curve then copy and past it one the same page...then highlight each curve again and weld it?

Jillbeans

I select the whole thing, copy it.
Paste it, move it to another spot on the page. Select it. Weld it.
That way I still have my original stuff if I screw up.
This eliminates all the details and gives you the basic shape of the design.
If there are a lot of nodes (rarely) it won't let me weld too complex a design.
This is for cut vinyl not print but I don't see why it wouldn't work.
(I'm not computer savvy)
Love....Jill