• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Issue - Mimaki CG-130FX Detecting Reg Marks - Cut line off

Aaron Gibson

Hi,

Mimaki JV33-130 -Raster Link6 - Print Only
Mimaki CG-13FX-For Cutting Prints - IllustratorCC 2018 w/ FineCut8Plus

Two weeks ago I had successful print ad cut. I laid out about 12 decals in Illustrator, one Set of crop marks to fit the row. Printed in RasterLink only. Plotted with Fine Cut, Used 4PT Detect for Registration marks (I know the manual states to use 1PT with Fine Cut, but it doesn't work. I've had a successful cut with 4PT detect....until now.

I have a single graphic with detection marks. Plotter detects the marks, but every time I do a cut, it is off by about 1 1/2" Left and 1 1/2" Up. I just need the cut to cut in the precise spot. Otherwise the cut itself looks good.

Anyone else have this issue, and how to correct it?

Thanks!

tjwilton

Hi,

Two weeks ago I had successful print ad cut. I laid out about 12 decals in Illustrator, one Set of crop marks to fit the row. Printed in RasterLink only. Plotted with Fine Cut, Used 4PT Detect for Registration marks (I know the manual states to use 1PT with Fine Cut, but it doesn't work. I've had a successful cut with 4PT detect....until now.

I have a single graphic with detection marks. Plotter detects the marks, but every time I do a cut, it is off by about 1 1/2" Left and 1 1/2" Up. I just need the cut to cut in the precise spot. Otherwise the cut itself looks good.

Thanks!
Is the blade in the correct position? There are 2 places for the blade. It needs to be in the slot so it’s cutting on the hard cutting strip for kiss cutting

Best Colour

Hi,

Thanks!
Hi Aaron
I am new to this plotter but during setup we struck this very same issue. Check that the amount it’s out is not the size of your registration mark. Sounds like you had it spot on before so check your settings, have gone to a previous setting?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
When you load the material to cut, does a little red dot show up on the vinyl and allow you to line it up with the crop mark? Are you 100% sure you loaded the material in the same orientation as when it came out of the printer?