• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting issues with Graphtec FC8600

basstrax

Hello!
I'm new here and new to this business. I'm having an issue with my Graphtec FC8600, particularly with cutting a full sheet (54") of decals/stickers. I've attached some screenshots of what I'm doing, and the end result.

attachment.php
1. my offset in Illustrator from FineCut 8
attachment.php
2. inserting reg. marks with Cutting Master 3
attachment.php
3. how it looks in Cutting Master 3
attachment.php
4. the offset here represents how the cutter actually cuts it.

The cutter seems to work with all other cutting jobs, just anything with a lot of objects on a large sheet doesn't line up. The material is loaded straight and aligned in the cutter
I'm assuming the procedure in thread (http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?129111-Plotter-Question-Skewed) would probably do the trick, just wanted to check if there was anything else
I might need to know in getting this worked out.
Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• Screenshot1.jpg
    Screenshot1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,071
  • Screenshot2.jpg
    Screenshot2.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 921
  • Screenshot3.jpg
    Screenshot3.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 889
  • Screenshot4.jpg
    Screenshot4.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 886

Dennis422

Where did you buy your cutter?
Contact them and they should help you with resetting it and with uploading the new firmware. (If not up to date)
I had the same issue, and when I talked to Grimco, they helped me with the issues and since then is running fine.

basstrax

Thanks Dennis!
I was able to update the firmware and make ARMS adjustments using scan test sheet provided by Jburns!
Definitely made an improvement!!