• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cutting off registration marks in printing....

os101king

Running Flexi 8.1 and the RIP that came with it. I am starting to run more and more decal jobs of 1000 qty and larger.... I have been dealing with this particular problem for years now, never posted to try and resolve it.

It's maddening. I start off a nice run of decals, hear the printer start and don't check it immediately (duh)... however when I get up in fifteen minutes or so to check I see that the printer cut off the far set of registration marks.. maybe didn't get that far or only printed partial. It's as if the RIP and the printer are seeing different sizes of materials. It's a Mutoh 1204VJ, and I'm running mostly oracal 3640 of 50" width. In the RIP window they're not cut off, and it's set to 50" material so what could be the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

My only solution so far is to increase spacing between the decals so that they take up more space, and then I can engineer a greater offset and get the top registration marks to print. Isn't there some other way to do this? It seems to waste quite a bit of material, and not just in the way I have to use trial and error to find the correct sizing.

Last edited:

Kemble

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seams you may be trying to print outside your limitations:

Mutoh 1204VJ
Max media size is 51.2"
However... Max print area is only 47"

Are you trying to print outside 47"?