• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cutting out of corel X3

Hello,
I have corelx3 and also signlab. I have been doing most of my jobs out of signlab and no problem printing and cutting it.
I am noticing that my bitmaps and eye candy looks much better in corel and also I am able to work in the files better than signlab. When ever I work with fills in signlab it slooows way down and I can't work there. I tried using corelx3 and I am having no problem with the computer being slow. My fills are very crisp and I am much happier with it.
When I copy and paste the file into signlab to print and cut it the file comes in poorly.
I am thinking that I would like to keep it right in corel and print and cut out of that.
My question is: When I'm in signlab there is a feature on my contour cut to "Bleed" so I the design comes out larger so there is no white showing on my cut line. Also I can choose to have the file cut inside and out or outside only on my contour line.
Am I able to do this in corelx3??
I have my rip program that came with my versacamm.

One more question: In corel x3 how do you keep a contour line to downsize or upsize proportionally? When ever I do a design and use a contour if I down size the contour line stays the same as my large design and I have to go in and change it to a smaller line. I was told to use a contour line instead of a outline.

Thanks,
Stacy

Rod

SignLab has a contour cut bleed function

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
Hi Stacy,
<o:p> </o:p>
You may have stunned people by asking about the bleed feature. In a nutshell, there is a contour cut option in SignLab, whereby you first set your contour cut lines, and then you can adjust the edges of your design to bleed under the cut lines. The benefit of this is to avoid (say) decals that have bits of white substrate about the edges.
Stacy, in order to transfer designs between CorelDraw and SignLab, have you tried using the Application Launcher?
  1. In CorelDraw, locate the Standard toolbar (just below the menu bar).
  2. There is an Application Launcher button that looks like a little rocket ship.
  3. Choose the CorelDraw to SignLab option.
  4. Windows should automatically switch to SignLab.
  5. Click on the SignLab workspace to place your design.
I’m a little surprised that your SignLab is running slowly when using gradients. Did you want to toss me a PM that lists the way that you are using the tools? That might be able to give me a little insight about your issue.
Cheers,
Rod at CADlink