• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Problem

Indigo Girl

Im hoping someone will be able to help me...

I have Mimaki CVJ30-60 and Im having a problem cutting jobs of the certain length, this particular job is 850mm in lenth. I have printed this very job numerous times without problem but yesterday it just refused to cut. It will read the front crop marks but when it gets to the first back crop mark it sees it (I know this because from the point of the crop mark the sensor slows down) but just kind of skips over it and carries on feeding material as if it is looking for the crop mark. When I manually look for the crop marks, it finds all the marks with no problem, but when I send the cut info from the computer then this problem happens.

I sent down a smaller job, only 310mm in length, and it print and cut with no problem at all. I have phone my technician and he has no clue as to what could be causing this, his first thought was skew media but after manually checking the crop marks line up perfectly. I cannot get a technician out until monday and have job lining up with urgent deadlines.

Please let me know if anyone has experience something similar and what you did to correct the problem.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Check the feed compensation, or whatever it's called with your tackle. When most software reads automatic registration marks, you position the sensor at the first mark and then the software moves the sensor to where it thinks the next mark should be and looks around for it. If the output feed compensation isn't set properly then when the sensor is moved to where a mark should be, lo, it's not there. If the feed compensation adjustment is off just a wee bit then then farther the sensor has to move the more likely it will under or over shoot the mark.

The feed compensation correlates what the software thinks is a unit of movement with what the hardware thinks it is. I.e. 12 inches to the software may or may not be 12 inches to the hardware. The software deals with the concept of 12 inches while the hardware deals with an imperfect interpretation of this concept. Very Platonic that. Worse, 12 inches on one machine, or one function of a multi-function machine, is not necessarily 12 inches on another machine or on another function of the same machine.

Makproductions06

I was having the same problem.. I had to change the step size (what its called in graphtec) to fix it... I agree with previous post..