• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Rigid vinyl

meb

I have a Roland SP540V on which I am attempting to cut rigid vinyl (14mil) for the first time. I would like to cut deep enough to be able to just manually pop out the final product after it's die-cut. I'm using a 45degree angle blade and have set the blade force to 300. Still not deep enough. Any ideas ??????

Cutting Rigid vinyl with 60 deg blade

You will have to cut multiple times. Using a 60 deg blade will help but rigid material will take several passes. In your set up click on the return to home after cut, then just send the job again.

Yes. Run the cut job. Set it to return to home after each cut job. Run the job again.

You can do this as many times as you want. That way the blade can cut a little deeper each time.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't think the machine is really set up to do this sort of cutting on a continuous basis. You're probably gonna ruin your machine.

petepaz

I don't think the machine is really set up to do this sort of cutting on a continuous basis. You're probably gonna ruin your machine.

not sure what will go wrong but i would imagine you are putting stress on the machine that it wasn't meant to have.
i have cut some 10mil stuff and just scored it then popped out the part. done this maybe 3-4 times in the 11 years we have had rolands.
but if you are going to do it you will need to do multiple passes to cut enough to pop out your parts. (sometimes you have to bend it a few times to break it out or go through with an xacto to finish it off)

meb

Many thanks

Thank you all for replying. Never thought of multiple cut passes.
As it turned out, just needed a new blade.
One pass actually cut it perfectly.