• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting with Roland versacamm 540?

redhot007

Hey

I just bought Roland SP-540v and just have cutting question i have never been in the digital printing business and just want to know few thing. My plan is to make motorcycle designs and just messing around with my printer. I just wonder it it possible to cut rigth trough the laminate vinyl and backing paper. Or i just can cut laminate and vinyl and need to cut the backing paper manually....

Thanks

biggmann

Yes you can cut right throught the laminate, the vinyl and the backing paper. Instead of using the CutContour to just cut the vinyl make a new swatch, change it to spot color and name it PerfCutContour just as its spelled with caps and all one word. This will open a special window in versaworks under the cut panel where you can change the tab length but more importantly the pressure. Do a couple test cuts on the 540 to find the right pressure, I think by default its at something like 75 but with the lam your going to need upwards of 200+. Once you do this and get it all set up it will cut through the backer paper and leave small tabs that hold the new decal in and once you are done they just pop out. I just ran a batch of 200 decals this week, its a great lesser known feature.

Heres a link showing you how

http://tipsandtricks.rolanddga.com/software/versaworks-installation-info-2/