• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cyan channel missing in Test Print on Roland VS-540

Toks

PrintEasy
Hi, Just trying to find a solution to my problem please. I couldn't get cyan to print when I tried to do a test print then I noticed it was dripping ink from underneath the printhead due to a lose manifold. I opened up the printhead to find out there was a pool of ink in the damper housing and a little bit of wet ink on the greenish flex connecter cable on the printhead. Currently, other colours print fine but cyan even after tons on cleaning, as there is no single nozzle spray in the cyan channel. Am also able to pull out all colours from the printhead with a syringe. Is this a damaged printhead. Am I able to replace Lc with cyan?

Regards
Mike

Toks

PrintEasy
Is there any way I could use a cyan cartridge in the light cyan slot. probably change the ink configuration

Vortex37

Laminator Whisperer
Is there any way I could use a cyan cartridge in the light cyan slot. probably change the ink configuration
I don’t think you’ll get it to print correctly that way - if you set it for CMYK my guess is it won’t fire the light cyan nozzles at all. I do know there’s a chip in the ink cartridge that prevents you from putting it in the wrong slot, so I doubt the ink configuration is that configurable.
I had something similar on our VS-640 with the black and it took our service guy a few attempts to track down the source of the leak and fix it, so unless you’re super comfortable digging around the innards of your machine I’d suggest calling a tech.

Toks

PrintEasy
Thanks Vortex37 . I currently have all channels missing. Do you know what reading I should be getting for the printhead fuses? That should be the last option before I attempt to buy a new head.

Vortex37

Laminator Whisperer
No, I don’t, but you might be able to find a service manual online somewhere. Or if you initiate a service call they might just give you that info for free - most of the techs I know are so busy they’ll do anything to get you through the problem without coming out.