• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cyan print quality

yamaha581

We replaced the fuse and got the black printing now so everything is printing. Now our problem is getting everything lined back up again for some reason. In the book we got it lined up like it showed but the black is off from left to right. Is there a way to line that up?

yamaha581

Here is a picture of what were trying to fix. As you can see the colors aren't even with the black lines. Would you know how to fix this. We tried doing what it said in the book but it wouldn't do anything.

Attachments

• mutoh test print.JPG
    mutoh test print.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 76

CRD

page 129

then

Step 15 to 18 on page 161 of the service manual.
Try large values to see what happens.

Paco

yamaha581

For some reason when we put in a value and hit enter like the book says to do it doesn't save the value it just goes back to the original. Is there something we need to do for it to keep the value.

CRD

Hummm, I asume CW setting when you change and press return it once again print the change as manual describes?

paco

yamaha581

We got that set up good now I attached a picture of one we are guessing we need to fix as well. Would you have any idea how to adjust this?

Attachments

• mutoh test print.JPG
    mutoh test print.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 61

yamaha581

We will go ahead and see if we can figure out how to get that working.

Also were having trouble with profiles for one of our vinyls. its just from signwarehouse its the prismjet vinyl. WOuld you have a profile to recommend. Rigth now all were using is one of the ones already downloaded. Its the arlon dpf6000. It works pretty good but we were wondering if you knew somewhere to get more profiles. A lot of places say they dont have them for our printer.

CRD

Just follow all settings for adjustments from the manual so you havent skipped anything.
For the profiles, I run Onyx 6,5 rip and Flexi8.1
For Flexi I create my own icc profiles.
I use one I use for Arlon DPF4560GTX, 4500 and 8000 let me know if you need it.

Paco

yamaha581

Right now we really have no idea how to create profiles. Right now were using two types of vinyl:
Substance and the prismjet vinyl. Were having troubles with the prismjet vinyl the most. Would you be able to send us one of the profiles you are using and we will try it out.
We really appreciate it!

yamaha581

We just ran into another problem. We went to print and for some reason the colors were messed up. In the picture the dark red would usually be bright red and the green would be yellow. We took a look at the damper and somehow the yellow damper is green. Would you have any idea how this happened?

Attachments

• ink print.JPG
    ink print.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 82

yamaha581

We went ahead and changed the setting in Flexi. Were also trying to pull ink through the capping station and for some reason its not coming through now.

I also had another question when we go to the rip/print it opens up and a box comes up and says

"some of the color settings are different from those in production manager. override them with those in production manager?

Would we want to say yes or no to that.

CRD

Try to pull ink from the yellow damper exit. If it does not then the vacum pulled the cyan ink from the cappingstation into the damper.
Try to distinguish where the block is.

For the screen pop up. This tells you the current standard setting is changed and if you like to use the new setting.
Standard settings can be done in the productionmanager.

yamaha581

We got the yellow working now but for some reason we have no magenta. We made sure that there was ink in the line and sucked ink through the damper with a syringe. Would you know any reason why this is happening. It seems thats all that is stopping it from working correctly.

CRD

I cant see what you have done to get the yellow back and caused a problem elsewhere.
Please explain what you have done each time to solve the problem.
If you suck with the syringe from the cappingstation with the head parked does magenta flow.
If you watch the cleaning cycle see you magenta pulled onto the capping foam?

yamaha581

We got it all printing this time and hopefully it stays that way lol. Our only problem is just a small one now. I attached a picture of the cmyk that it prints at the beginning and a picture of the cyan that we had in our print. I know the cyan in the beginning is going to be darker than the print. The only problem we have is that the cyan has banding. Would this just be a profile issue?

Attachments

• banding1.JPG
    banding1.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 78
  • color strip.JPG
    color strip.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 80

CRD

With this machine in Cyan and Magenta banding is more Obvious then yellow!
Looks like the head alingment is still not 100%.
Between the cymk lines machine wide there should be no white inbetween.

Does it do it on all vinyl or just the Substance vinyl?
Take notice this is not a 3000+ dpi home inkjet printer.
It prints with 11 picoliter instead of the 1.5 picoliter drops of current Household inkjets.
720x720 dpi is good enough if you look from 50 cm distance the banding disappears.

Paco