• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Day Color- Night White Signs

Mattie_BR

Hello everyone,

We are working on a channel letter project, in which client asked for:

- During day time: sign faces to have client's colors
- During the night time: sign faces to be bright white

I understand you can achieve this with specialty acrylic - if it corresponds with customers colors. Which acrylic would be that? Is there any way to have same results with vinyl application?

Thank-you!!

ams

Easy, just have plain white face with White LEDs and then cover them in printed window perf. So say you have red window perf, in the day it looks red, but at night, it shines through the holes and it appears to be all white.

Mattie_BR

Easy, just have plain white face with White LEDs and then cover them in printed window perf. So say you have red window perf, in the day it looks red, but at night, it shines through the holes and it appears to be all white.
Thank-you!
I assume you laminate the perf as well, correct?

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
The one problem with perf is that it deteriorates much faster than the standard lifetime of a set of channel letters.

You can also use painted perforated metal backed with acrylic - much better longevity and your fab shop should have no problems painting it.