• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DC-3 Plane with Earth with a can sign with Raised letters.

RogueRoller

Do you own stocks in a gas company?
Whats the mileage on something like that?
I'm thinking Air Force One goes farther on a gallon of jet fuel.

Nice truck

wayne k
guam usa

Well to tell you the truth you may be right on the gas thing.
I think around 7-8 miles to the gallon.

More important is do I have trouble filling it up

It has two 105 Gallon Fuel tanks on her now.
So to fill her up cost around $1000.00

Being this is one of my company trucks I write it off.

Like I said working smart sucks Because I still pay a lot to taxes (A LOT)

But hey my pickup truck it a Big Rig LOL

Justin

I'm really clueless, Roller. I'm a newbie, and never made a sign close to any of those. Could you kind of layout the process?

Buy foam, depending upon needed depth stack it/glue it, and what? How do you get the foam baby butt smooth? Sand it? Like what are good cheap things to coat the foam to be baby butt smooth?

Nice truck btw...

RogueRoller

I'm really clueless, Roller. I'm a newbie, and never made a sign close to any of those. Could you kind of layout the process?

Buy foam, depending upon needed depth stack it/glue it, and what? How do you get the foam baby butt smooth? Sand it? Like what are good cheap things to coat the foam to be baby butt smooth?

Nice truck btw...

just call me

Justin

I spoke with Charlie this evening.. I'm seriously excited to get started on making a dimensional sign. I'll be hitting the local hardware up in the next few days(or tomorrow)... Charlie sure made me feel a breeze of fresh air, and it's great to have someone so nice on here! Thanks Charlie for speaking with me. I'm gonna get on that beauty sign! I hope you stick around here in your free time!

RogueRoller

Well it was Fun.

I will Check Back one more time tonight before I say good bye
Have to go back to work in the morning. Had lots of fun. Hope I helped some and did not hurt anybody.

God Bless

Attachments

• Charlie.jpg
    Charlie.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 121

TwoNine

Charlie - I just wanted to thank you for all of your time, both here on Signs 101 and on the phone this afternoon. You are the definition of a Class Act. I hope to see you on here in the future, as I'm sure many do.

We are all very lucky to have such an inspirational person being a part of these forums.

Thank you sincerely,
-Chad

CheapVehicleWrap

Charlie - I just wanted to thank you for all of your time, both here on Signs 101 and on the phone this afternoon. You are the definition of a Class Act. I hope to see you on here in the future, as I'm sure many do.

We are all very lucky to have such an inspirational person being a part of these forums.

Thank you sincerely,
-Chad

+1

RogueRoller

Well It was fun.
Don't Really Like Beer But,
A toast: For the ones that do wraps. This one is for you, plus all the great people I met over the last 5 Days.

CHEERS and may your lives be filled with challenges that bring you happiness.

God Bless...

Attachments

• Beer.jpg
    Beer.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

FatCat

Charlie, just wanted to say thank you for sharing with all of us. I will definitely be contacting you to inquire about your classes. You may see me and Gary (Circleville Signs) in the very near future.

Best wishes to you!

JR's

I just am trying to share with you folks on how I do it not to debate if I should work harder for my Pay Check to save a few thousand dollars a year.
My time is way to important. This is how I chose to take my Vacation.
Come on here and share some secrets. Help Some folks Out. For FREE ;-)

:U Rock: :goodpost: :rock-n-roll: :thumb: :thumb:

thank you.

JR

skyhigh

Nice truck btw...

Charlie is a talented artist, but he also invests in the proper tools for the job. I've rarely found where GOOD and CHEAP go hand in hand. (there are exceptions)

The foam is cheap.
The Gatorhide sprayer he mentioned using (and accessories) start out at $32,000.00

Then I got real Dangerous and bought a welder and some metal bender. Then I had acquired a entire metal shop. From mills, lathes, Plasma cutters, Welders, Forklifts, Brakes that could do 20 Feet, Shears from 50" -12 Feet. I had no clue what or how they worked but I was determined to put them to work in my Sign Shop. I mastered every too that year and put all of them to work. I bend all my own sign brackets, I make every thing at my shop I out source nothing. This summer I hope to put in a 15' X 20' powder coating oven. I love tools as much as I love making signs. I find a lot of people would rather buy a boat, quad or a home. Before they have a true company. My tools make me the money to buy and thing I want now. I lived in my shop for over 8 years in the back corner it was not pretty. My shop for the first 4 years had no heat. now I have a company that does not see a depression because I can do it all and grow every day.

Charlie has become a soap opera around here.... I can't wait till tomorrow, to see what new pics he posts. :thumb:

And the more he posts, the better they get.

signage

Charlie has become a soap opera around here.... I can't wait till tomorrow, to see what new pics he posts. :thumb:

And the more he posts, the better they get.

Guess you missed the part about this being his vacation and now back to work!

You need to read rather than daydream:ROFLMAO:

Justin

Well.. I'm kind of at a cross roads. I now know where to get EPS foam, and how to glue it together. I'm now wondering what I should use to make it smooth, and ready to paint. I know you can use water based paint to paint it, but I am just not wanting all kinds of tiny foam bubbles.. I'd rather have it smooth like a baby's butt. I'm also curious how the paint holds up in the foam.. I did read where you can just apply a light coat of ...(I forget the name of the stuff atm.) I guess I will try that, and see how smooth it gets it.

Edit: Stuff is called spacking

RogueRoller

Well.. I'm kind of at a cross roads. I now know where to get EPS foam, and how to glue it together. I'm now wondering what I should use to make it smooth, and ready to paint. I know you can use water based paint to paint it, but I am just not wanting all kinds of tiny foam bubbles.. I'd rather have it smooth like a baby's butt. I'm also curious how the paint holds up in the foam.. I did read where you can just apply a light coat of ...(I forget the name of the stuff atm.) I guess I will try that, and see how smooth it gets it.

Edit: Stuff is called spacking

Sorry if I missed your question Justin, Call Industrial Polymers In Houston TX.
The product you want to use is Stiro Spray 1000 (you can brush it on, roll-it, or spray it with a sheetrock hopper gun for applying texture to walls from Harbor Freight. the product will self level and give you a glass finish. apply 3-4 coats.

Hope this answer your question. God Bless

Justin

Sorry if I missed your question Justin, Call Industrial Polymers In Houston TX.
The product you want to use is Stiro Spray 1000 (you can brush it on, roll-it, or spray it with a sheetrock hopper gun for applying texture to walls from Harbor Freight. the product will self level and give you a glass finish. apply 3-4 coats.

Hope this answer your question. God Bless

Thanks again! I know you said something lastnight about them, but I had completely forgot. I'm going to order some, and it's not too bad a price.. :D