• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Decorative Hardware

TeamOutlaw

We are installing 6 Komatex panels (6'H x 4'W) at the local university to interior brick walls. The top 1/2 of the panel will be overlayed with Walltalkers tac-wall (cork / bulletin board).

The facilities / interior designers are asking for the hardware to be "pretty"...not just some ugly blue masonry screw showing when all said and done.

Looking for some advice for a screw that will not only hold 4'x6' 1/2" thick Komatex panel to a brick wall...yet look nice? Anything with a decorative "cap" like a standoff etc. out there and easily accessible!? TIA

Attachments

• Stairwell Wall_mockup.jpg
    Stairwell Wall_mockup.jpg
    572.6 KB · Views: 181

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think it would look nice it you built a nice frame around it and hung it with a french cleat.

TeamOutlaw

I think it would look nice it you built a nice frame around it and hung it with a french cleat.
College kids = destructive. They want it screwed FLAT to the wall. They initially had acrylic panels with standoffs that lasted a week Lol And these are in a stairwell, so LOTS of passing traffic. Otherwise I like the cleat option

Dan360

These badboys are great:

A27C_1_201906211106197950.jpg

Stainless steel screw covers, acts as a washer and looks good. Just need to find some that fit the screws you are using.