• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Design opinions

shakey0818

Wow GG i like your design its amazing what you do in the wee hours of the morning.Stone maybe you can use the globe colors in the bull to pull it together it kinda looks like 2 different signs.

GypsyGraphics

I can't ever see GG's attachments. I don't know what the problem is.
You saying they're fake?
first of all, their not an after market attachment... and my husband is the reason you can't see them. :ROFLMAO:
I LOVE THAT LINE FROM SEINFELD!

but i think i came up with a better one recently when asked by a stranger who opened a door for me and whispered... "real or fake"
... i said "a mirage" and walked away. by the look on his face, i don't think he got it. oh well, i thought it was funny.

stoneandtle

yeh... what happen to my pic?

oh well... i'll just put it here.
View attachment 59130

Wow, that looks great...but how do you add a number to something like that without messing with the aesthetics or flow of it? The phone number is kind of raw compared to everything else that is flowing with that kind of design...wouldn't adding it to the bottom of the logo throw a monkey wrench in the flow?

I hadn't thought of extending only the flow of the 'ribbons' at the bottom across the car panels...that's an interesting touch. :)

Is that a swirl I see within the silver ribbon on the back door?

GypsyGraphics

Wow, that looks great...but how do you add a number to something like that without messing with the aesthetics or flow of it? The phone number is kind of raw compared to everything else that is flowing with that kind of design...wouldn't adding it to the bottom of the logo throw a monkey wrench in the flow?
not busy right now... i'll go play with it a bit.

here's a few possibilities
attachment.php

Prius_alt-1.jpg
attachment.php

Prius_alt-2.jpg
attachment.php

Prius_alt-3.jpg
attachment.php

Prius_alt-4.jpg

Last edited:

stoneandtle

put the globe in the O of Marino, and straighten out the tag line under the logo & phone under that.
Also, I don't think you need that white, nor does it look good stopping at the doors if you do use it. That vehicle is probably a lot lighter then your photo, so shoot another pic, or lighten it in photoshop.

Yeah the straightening out part is always a debatable topic...some like it horizontal with respect to ground level and some like it to match horizontal with the lines on the car - this car has a small rake to it, so if I make it match the lines on the car (for example, the recess toward the bottom of the doors), then it'll look crooked when you're a distance from the car or driving by it.

shakey0818

first of all, their not an after market attachment... and my husband is the reason you can't see them. :ROFLMAO:

I LOVE THAT LINE FROM SEINFELD!

but i think i came up with a better one recently when asked by a stranger who opened a door for me and whispered... "real or fake"
... i said "a mirage" and walked away. by the look on his face, i don't think he got it. oh well, i thought it was funny.
i cant believe someone said that to you,you should have shown him how real your back hand is.

iSign

Yeah the straightening out part is always a debatable topic...some like it horizontal with respect to ground level and some like it to match horizontal with the lines on the car - this car has a small rake to it, so if I make it match the lines on the car (for example, the recess toward the bottom of the doors), then it'll look crooked when you're a distance from the car or driving by it.

"always a debatable topic" ?? I don't think so... at least for text, I don't think it looks good out of true level in more then 1% of situations myself...

I mean someone could debate anything.... but I rarely follow the body's angles, unless they are extremely subtle I have split the difference