• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Difference between HP5500 and HP5500 PS

bigsign

I have a HP Designjet 5500 that keeps telling me to replace the UV light cyan ink cartridge, the cartridge is full, does anyone know if the cartridge is bad or it there some other issue? Can't figure this out.
How old is the ink. I have use some ink 5 or 6 years old. The problem could be a bad chip on the cartridge.

Tone-Mark Creative

Old-School Sign Man living in the present
HP Designjet 5500 Deal...So No Wraps?

Hi Guys,
Would love to take the plung into eco-solvent but a bit out of my range at the moment.
Currently using a (aqueous) Designjet 3500 with UV inks and honestly I have banners
in direct "afternoon" sun for two years with oranges and blues showing zero fade
(superfrog water-based clear top coat)
I just acquired a Daige solo 55 and would be laminating prints potentially for wraps; with
a used HP Designjet 5500 I'm looking at.

Is it worth the trouble or should I just hold off
and get into eco-sol down the road a piece? I like the idea of HP having the print head
attached to the color cartridge. I'm a veteran sign-painter
and went digital about ten years after everyone else, so thats why my gear may
seem antiquated.

Any guidance appreciated.:rolleyes:

Northern Design

Northern Design Graphics
5500 ps

I think everyone missed the point
A 5500PS can print directly from PS, Ai or Corel or any windows bases program
A 5500 requires you to have a RIP on your computer and can be a big challenge to
print great images to this printer.
5500PS is a work horse